Saxo Vts vs Clio 200

Can be yeh and you're lucky if a 200 has 185 plus the beemer has a lot of torque.

The Clio is quite poor in a straight line in the real world.

Yeh I suppose I was just going off 0-60 times which the beemer is allegedly like a second slower in. I guess that's irrelevant though considering we started at 45...

Depends how heavy your passengers are I'm 13 stone and way 82 kgs so 2 of me and the horse feed is 0ver 200 kg putting your car at now neally 1500kg which is a lot pal

Many people underestimate saxos. I had a vtr for a long time, and whilst not standard, it's was pretty fast. The vts and 106 GTi are genuinely fairly quick cars even by today's standards. They also weight bugger all. You had two passengers and horse food on the car I wouldn't feel too bad. My vtr could hold its own against cooper S's back in the day. You should have seen their face!

Many people underestimate saxos. I had a vtr for a long time, and whilst not standard, it's was pretty fast. The vts and 106 GTi are genuinely fairly quick cars even by today's standards. They also weight bugger all. You had two passengers and horse food on the car I wouldn't feel too bad. My vtr could hold its own against cooper S's back in the day. You should have seen their face!

Problem is though, it's like a tin can when you crash. Bye bye.

Having a lightweight car means you are bound to lose some of the safety aspects :wink: the 197/200 is a heavier car because of all the air bags etc, but that's the trade off!

They are pretty fast due to their low weight. And with cams, intake, exhaust and a remap they go up to 160-170bhp. Most of the guys use C2 VTS's head too. I have couple of friends with those cars (106 GTI/Saxo VTS) and they're pretty fast.

This reminds me of my old rover metro rio and yes it was the 4 door, I put mgf brakes and displacers on it oh and the 160 vvc engine with the close ratio gti box. I enjoyed nothing more than beating someone who thought "who's that idiot in the metro revving at the lights".

I wouldn't feel bad about the saxo keeping up as it's been mentioned you never know what they've done under the bonnet, I mean I've got a mk2f polo with more power than the clio and probably half the weight.

Don't feel bad.. I own both cars - the Saxo is nippy.
The Saxo VTS is an underestimated car tbh. As stated; there very lightweight and if he had Infact modified the engine an stripped it then with your added weight to the 200 your lucky he didn't beat you goin on power-to-weight.
but there's no way of knowing for sure on that one.
My VTS is stripped for track use and is around 160bhp weighing 800kgs an it definately feels faster than my 197.