200: "running in"

i have owned my clio sport for 2 weeks now and couldn't be happier! ive already put 700 miles on her and have spent a small fortune on little bits aswell :tongueout:
i was wondering if the mpg will go up? im averaging 24mpg at the moment (of course heavy foot isn't helping) but when driven carefullish it's not much better. will it go up as the engine wears in? im using vpower atm.
list of bits to be fitted this weekend :smiley:

sparco harnesses
full milltek exhaust plus decat
ktr air filter
wind defectors
dodo juice wax
black badge covers
trs tow strap

It will get better a bit. Get it up to temp, and gun it :wink: any pics?

Lol mine has just ticked over 4000 miles now and i am still only getting 24mpg lol! No matter how i drive it, its always sat around that mark!

Plus...to also run a car in correctly you should do all sorts of driving, there is no problem in taking it up through the rev range, however just don't keep bouncing it off the limiter! Plus i have done 2 oil changes now as well...one just after a 1000 miles and i have just done one because i am going nurburgring next week :smile:

I am a tech for Mercedes and i can always tell the cars that have been driven but looked after! They always feel a lot looser!

However don't blame me if it blows up! :wink: lol

We're up at 25k now and inclusive of a good number of track days the engine has loosened up nicely and we're now getting 31mpg.

Though I laugh we I see single figure mpg on the track lol.