RS200 power & torque

hello, one question for all that have a 200 - does your car feel slightly unresponsive in lower revs, but after 5-5000 it goes mad?
my last sport had a remap, so it was strong right from lower revs so now i want to know if this is the case with all 200? any difference with esp/asr on or not?

Thanks

yep, they all feel sluggish below 5k mate. To sort this out you want to get yourself a decent remap. im not sure about the 200s flat sport but i know 197s had alot of them and a remap softens the flat spots too.

yep, it has decent torque between 2500-4000, at 4000 is that little flat spot, then at 5500-6000-till the limiter blip it just gets wild

yep, it has decent torque between 2500-4000, at 4000 is that little flat spot, then at 5500-6000-till the limiter blip it just gets wild

Yeah my flat spot isnt at 4k tho, mine between 2-3k. and usually only happens when the cars just started up. Its doenst happen after 5 mins.

Wicked cars tho aint they mate!?

Yeah my flat spot isnt at 4k tho, mine between 2-3k. and usually only happens when the cars just started up. Its doenst happen after 5 mins.

Wicked cars tho aint they mate!?

Same here mate with the flat spot, although I don't really notice it, naturally drive around it now

Mine seems to have power all the way through the range with no flat spots whatsoever - still pulls like a train from 30mph up in 5th gear lol though I don't really do that very often lol

my 200 comes alive at 3000 rpm, i call that "LIFT stage 1",
at 5400 rpm , i call it "LIFT stage 2", after 5400 u can literally feel the car becomes like a beast and the engine tone is epic, keep the revs high, constantly above 6000 rpm, which i find quite easy.

the 197 does not have the low down torque the 200 has, hence i call that 3000 rpm phase, "LIFT stage 1"

and yes, my 200 is stock..

my R27 had a remap and a miltek, and did not feel like my std 200

200 FTW

i love that everyone moanes about the clio flatspot.
anyone whos ever driven a b series engined honda will know what a flat spot is lol

its where the vvt comes in so you get two lots of power dont complain about that lol

I keep reading about all the power @ 5k
For some reason i get the most power from mine at 2500k upto around 4 / 4500k then its just normal kind of power right up to the limit.
Because of this its very rare i need to go above 4500 revs while going up the gears.

Is mine the only one like this???

I keep reading about all the power @ 5k
For some reason i get the most power from mine at 2500k upto around 4 / 4500k then its just normal kind of power right up to the limit.
Because of this its very rare i need to go above 4500 revs while going up the gears.

Is mine the only one like this???

sure you dont own a diesel?? :huh::huh:

sure you dont own a diesel?? :huh::huh:

you are spot on there, thats just how the power is delivered.
Maybe they gave me a 200 diesel sport? lol

Dont get me wrong it still pulls and pulls but all the power / torque is in the low down rev's.

id just like to know if mine's the only one like that?