RS Skirts Fitted!!

Emoticon-Facepalm.jpg

Some people on this forum baffle me at time. Standard exhaust is too loud was one, now RS skirts are chavy.

I dont think the standard exhaust is too loud.

I just think that this skirts dont look/work well on a clio 197, or 200, even if they are from RS. Original skirts are really nice, they really look good with the car, they dont need such "cheap extensisons".

RS exhaust tips were chavy on a 197 aswell imo even if they were original accesorie. But each to there own, as long as the owner is happy, thats all that counts.

I'd go with that tbh!

They fit awful too, the way they stand off the rear quarter with a rubber bung is a bit slack imo

Standard car = Renaultsport. All the stuck on tat = Renault marketing

:wink:

I dont think the standard exhaust is too loud.

I just think that this skirts dont look/work well on a clio 197, or 200, even if they are from RS. Original skirts are really nice, they really look good with the car, they dont need such "cheap extensisons".

RS exhaust tips were chavy on a 197 aswell imo even if they were original accesorie. But each to there own, as long as the owner is happy, thats all that counts.

Sorry I was generalizing. There have been other posts on this forum saying that the standard exhaust system is loud.

This is a chavy clio

b8a82dd6.jpg

a 197 with Renault Sport skirts and exhaust tips to correct renaults mistake of not showing them off, is not.

I don't mean to sounds rude and I totally agree, each to their own etc, but feel the whole 'chav' word is way over used and being used in the wrong context these days

Now THAT is a quality motor!! Who needs - or wants - an RS200 when exotic beasts like that can be had for ..... 200 quid!!!!

why is it Renaults mistake not to show them?? The whole idea is that they are tapered in to 'aid' the flow of the diffuser. Its no mistake??

I remain dubious whether the side skirts provide any worthwhile aerodynamic benefits but I think they look great cosmetically and I think they will provide a useful degree of physical protection to the sills and lower rear quarter from debris thrown up by the front tyres...

I am happy with the decision to fit them to my car but - like the matching Cup spoiler - the skirts are clearly a controversial accessory!! :thumbup:

To be perfectly honest, I never knew that fact, good on renault for thinking things through that much.....but how much difference can that really make on a sub 200bhp fwd hatch?

My opinion is that It's a mistake that they made a twin exit which wasn't really on show. I feel that the silver pipes on show are more pleasing to the eye and show off the exhaust to compliment the diffuser.

To be perfectly honest, I never knew that fact, good on renault for thinking things through that much.....but how much difference can that really make on a sub 200bhp fwd hatch?

My opinion is that It's a mistake that they made a twin exit which wasn't really on show. I feel that the silver pipes on show are more pleasing to the eye and show off the exhaust to compliment the diffuser.

to which renault made up for with the 200!:thumbup:

I really like that - i originally had mine ordered in red but changed to SG at the last minute

Saw the pics on FB - Well done K-Tec

I really like that - i originally had mine ordered in red but changed to SG at the last minute

Saw the pics on FB - Well done K-Tec

I like most of the RS Clio colours & I wish I'd been brave enough to opt for Liquid Yellow! Storm Grey is a smart - and unusual - choice!! I'm pleased with the look of my car & have only praise for the guys at K-Tec!! :drunk:

They look great :thumbup: i like em.

That'll be two of us in the chav club but i think mine is more chav than yours as i have the correct roof spoiler. :smiley:

I don't mean to sounds rude and I totally agree, each to their own etc, but feel the whole 'chav' word is way over used and being used in the wrong context these days

Correct.

I like most of the RS Clio colours & I wish I'd been brave enough to opt for Liquid Yellow! Storm Grey is a smart - and unusual - choice!! I'm pleased with the look of my car & have only praise for the guys at K-Tec!! :drunk:

I was brave enough but all I do now is worry where I park it and leave it :/ does get annoying that I care so much haha.

Liking your clio, wasn't sure if the skirts would match a 200 because of the 197 having the front splitter to go with them but it looks spot on! Love it.

Is there no way the front splitter thing will fit on a 200?
One annoying thing I've noticed about the skirts is they begin to sag slightly in the areas they aren't bolted to, if that makes sense!

personally think this car looks spot on,well done mate

any plans to lower it a touch?

I use the car as my daily commuter and I'd be worried about ruining the comfort on a long run but I'd love to lower the car a little if there is a suitable solution!

Having said that, I am soooo glad I went for the Cup pack - I was leaning toward the standard set up but have no regrets! :jump1:

I use the car as my daily commuter and I'd be worried about ruining the comfort on a long run but I'd love to lower the car a little if there is a suitable solution!

Having said that, I am soooo glad I went for the Cup pack - I was leaning toward the standard set up but have no regrets! :jump1:

yeah i enjoy the cup ride to Dx,coilovers are said to give a better and smoother ride though along with better handling,if a set of second hand Spax RSX's or KW V3's come up for sale i'd snap them up,thats what i'm keeping my eyes peeled for

Looks great with skirts on ,shame there isnt a front splitter to match for 200.maybe the ones like on angels(fernandez) ? love them on the UR, but i am biased.:thumbup::thumbup: