RS 200 Silverstone GP #1/50

Hello, my name is Simon, been on the forum a month or so now, thought I should introduce myself/car properly.

Had the Clio a month or so, traded in the family VW Passat estate for something more interesting. Wife has a company Audi, so two family cars weren't required. Did look at Elise's etc, had one 10 years ago or so, did lots of mods, track days etc. However, we have a 3 year old daughter and I really wanted something with at least three seats, couldn't stretch to a Macca F1!

Always liked the RS cars, had a Clio 16V many years ago and loved it's go-kart like handling. Spent a few months doing the usual searches, knowledge building. Drove a few before settling on the Silverstone, loved the colour scheme and kit that came with it.

Had seen #1 in Evo etc, was the Renault press car. It had just over 7K miles on it, serviced twice and was pretty clean for 18 months old.

8541710708_2b09f48c7b.jpg
Clio 200 Silverstone GP by bodisgod, on Flickr

8635313772_b1dc7b83a6.jpg
RS Clio 200 Silverstone GP by bodisgod, on Flickr

First mod was Heko's and Osram indicator bulbs for the cleaner look.

8635239036_d3b3fe4239.jpg

8635239142_6b127767ff.jpg
Osram indicator bulbs by bodisgod, on Flickr

8635238960_104bed5765.jpg
Osram indicator bulbs by bodisgod, on Flickr

Debadged the Clio from the boot, think it looks better.

8635313730_f8980ac851.jpg

Next mod was one of KTEC's Pro cat back systems, can't have an RS without the noise :smile: and an ITG panel filter, great service from KTEC.

8647003157_ecc52d8011.jpg
image by bodisgod, on Flickr

8647576325_2b9154e48b.jpg
ITG filter by bodisgod, on Flickr

Thanks for looking ............

Simon.

Last edited:
Love it! I nearly bought a new silverstone but the last one went the day before I bought mine!

Thanks for the comments. Got a few more small mods in the next few days. My boot seems to have a mind of it's own, sometimes will open, sometimes not! I'm guessing it's a case of 'they all do that sir'!?

That looks excellent mate, as for the boot lock get it taken in under warranty if you still have it, it's a common fault happened on 2 of our previous clio mk3's

Thanks for the comments.

Latest mod was to fit my Clio 200.net sticker, goldie looking thing ...

Next up was a Renaultsport gear knob from eBay, only £20 + £12 postage from Turkey!

8661664049_54297dbe11.jpg
Clio 200.net by bodisgod, on Flickr

Removed original knob, removed plastic sleeve, no need to cut it. Fit new knob, align it and use some thread lock. Looks great, and is very well made and finished, quarter of the price Renault want.

8684261724_f0179532fb.jpg
RS knob! by bodisgod, on Flickr

I got one of the gear knobs off eBay and the quality of it compared to the real one is pretty poor, it has no weight to it so didn't end up fitting it but I have to say that does look pretty good, I managed to get a gordini knob and gear gator off eBay now anyway

Yes Mitch I was interested in your original comments. The construction may have changed, I don't know, but it's a substantial piece of aluminium, and the finish really is good, for £20 a bargin.

Cheers ...

Simon.

Yes Mitch I was interested in your original comments. The construction may have changed, I don't know, but it's a substantial piece of aluminium, and the finish really is good, for £20 a bargin.

Cheers ...

Simon.

Yes it isn't bad for 20 quid but I've got the gordini one on now so that ones just sat in a drawer at home

Fitted some H&R springs, ride height is just right for me now, looks so much better and corners flatter and the harshness has gone, very pleased.

Cheers ..... Simon.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1378453283.874818.jpg