RS 197 help????

Hi Guys.

I am from the clio sport forum but just recent joined here so i'm relatively new, hence this being my first post.

I was originally going to get a RS 182 cup due to them being a bit cheaper. If all goes well up to next year and after carefully thinking I am saving up for a Albi blue Clio 197 RS. I am going to push the boat out a bit more on my finances and get a 197 due to them looking nicer and having that extra bit of headroom and more general space than the old type. Also low milleage. :smiley:

Here is where I need some advice from you guys.

I am looking at getting a 197 which has the same extra's as the 182 cup, such as the following..

• Xenon lights (automatic)
  • automatic rain sensor wipers
  • cruise control ( i know most 197 do come with this standard)

Unlike most if not all 182 cups came with the above features. Some 197's come with them and some don't. Some have the non projector lights and some come with the projector lights, some have auto wipers some don't. I can only have xenon's if i had projector lights? Correct?

Are these extra's or do they come with particular models as standard in a certain year?

Just out of interest how many miles is the service on this high performance hot hatch?

It won't be till next year i'm getting the car so plenty of time year but just want to collate more info in terms of searching for right spec with right features on that I am looking for.

Your advice would be much appreciated.

Many Thanks,

Chris :smiley:

Last edited:
197 - cruise standard - not fitted to "cup" cars

all the others are extras

service is 12000m or 12month whichever come first

hi mate what you driving atm?

Hi Mate.

I'm driving a corsa c SXI 1.2.

Not a bad car to start off with after i passed and for a couple of years, but want more power and luxery now. I must say It's a thirsty 1.2 though, and that's even on cruizing mode.

What about urself mate?

a toyota corrola 1.4 lol while my 197 is undergoing extensive works VVVVVVVV

Its going well so far dude thanks. very nice mate. a 197 is a big step up from a 1.2.

and if u think ure 1.2 is thirsty try only getting 24mpg :wink:

Its going well so far dude thanks. very nice mate. a 197 is a big step up from a 1.2.

and if u think ure 1.2 is thirsty try only getting 24mpg :wink:

blimey mate, a focus RS does 30mpg.

My corsa does around 33-35mpg urban and thts even crusing not even ragging it. On motorway i think i get around 38mpg.

Yeah it is a big jump but i do racing as a hobbie so i'm used to the difference in speed.

what do you race in?

yeah these babies love to drink that expensive stuff lol

what do you race in?

yeah these babies love to drink that expensive stuff lol

I race in the 750 Stock Hatch Championship. Just finished half a season due to budget reasons, but going to contest a full season next year and then hopefully move up into clio cup in 2012.

where did you take ure test dude? im just asking cus i want to get into motorsport a bit in the next few years.

where did you take ure test dude? im just asking cus i want to get into motorsport a bit in the next few years.

I was in racing in Formula BMW in Valencia when i got assessed mate, but most national race circuits, do ARDS tests.

I did a couple seasons go-karting prior to this though but, to get into circuit racing you have to purchase a MSA starter pack which your looking at 50 quid and a medical which varies. Contact one of your local circuits to learn and get assest both theory test and practical test and go from there really. :smiley:

A focus rs does 30mpg on paper, I know a couple of people with them one of which has a 197 too and apparently the really really drink

cheers dude. aslong as ure not going to groom me for sex im happy to chat lol

A focus rs does 30mpg on paper, I know a couple of people with them one of which has a 197 too and apparently the really really drink

Hi Mate.

My mate who used to be my ex car machanic has one. They are lush. He's got his up to 400BHP. but as standard like you said they do probably drink like mad, be interesting to see how the 197 does matey.