Rough cost on single storey extension?

Hi guys, is anybody in the trade on here who could give a very rough cost on a single storey extension based on a size of 3mx3m? Just looking a terrace that needs work and the kitchen is tiny. Theres currently a crappy conservatory where I want the extension so I suppose the footings will already be down which will save money.

Any sort of rough estimates would be massively appreciated :smile:

Chris

you need to consider if you might add a first floor in the future otherwise you must ensure the foundations can support it.
otherwise should not cost you more than 3-£4K.

flooring, insulation, water/heating?, and pitched roof or flat roof? (flat roof is cheaper)

[MENTION=37928]Dmonk197[/MENTION] There will be no second storey in the future, would be financially beneficial for myself.

There would be new flooring throughout the Kitchen and yeah the mechanical services would have to be moved but that shouldnt be too much of an issue for myself. Was thinking pitched roof with 2 roof lights.

Still think around £4000?

will ask one of my builders for a quote and let you know exactly, (i am not a builder just in commercial property management so deal with lots of builders)

ok hard with out someone to come and look, but i been advised £10-£15K
if you consider all materials bricks, insulation, then plaster boards then plaster the whole area, electricity, plumbing for heating, then paint.
on top of that you then have the roof and the insulation and all the tiles then add labor on top.
so easily £10K.

obviously one should get 2-3 quotes and never go with the cheapest.
hope i was of some help.

Ahhh got excited when you said £3-£4k ha ha. Yeah I will get quotes mate, just wanted to get an idea to see if it would make a good purchase or not :smile: Thanks for all your help fella

When you said 3-4k i had visions of the builder tuning up with an old caravan, parking it next to the house and sledge hammering (ade edmonson style) some sort doorway.

ta-dar there you go gov i've even fitted you sleeping quarters, a kitchen and blue chemical bog.

that will be 3 grand please.

yep i was way off but was thinking of a flat roof, and when he said conservatory i assumed all lighting, electrical, and heating is in place leaving to build 3 walls and a flat roof.

Yeah the conservatory is in place so a roof conversion is possible but it wouldnt give the effect we wanted and would limit kitchen unit space. The search for a cheap renovation project continues :smile:

I just paid £25k to have a 1 bedroom loft converstion that's not with the cost of the plans or the £900 to building control. All in with decorating and that I paid £32k

I paid £40k for my 3m x 6m wide extension on the back of the house, but that does include two internal walls down, two massive steels and £4k for a set of 5 big panes of bi folds and the rear patio sorted.

Love it

Would thoroughly recomend bifolds - being an outdoors man need my natural light and awesome for BBQ season!

will try and dig out the build photos

Don't you think you should drop the teddies and pink pillow look at your age?

32K for loft conversion?! Holy **** that seems a lot of money! Would it not have been cheaper to sell up and move to a bigger house?

that does seem a lot- did you have to raise the roof? don't be scared by steel beams or (RSJ's)
i paid £94 for a 14 foot RSJ.

[MENTION=636]Mentalpen[/MENTION] it my daughters room :lol: @ chrisgti6 I had 5 quotes and my uncles mate was the cheapest I only paid £79k for my place so I've made my money :wink: