Ross's Supercharged AG RS200

Depends on the usage and the heat rejection capacity of the coolant radiator. As long as you have coolant and oil temperatures within reasonable values there is no reason to change.
Also, keep in mind that having a larger intecooler will reduce a bit the exposed area of the coolant radiator.
As most things in life, it's a balacing act :smile:

I’m having mounts added for the supercharger oil cooler but not an engine oil cooler. Do they need an engine oil cooler when boosted? They have a coolant jacket cooler as standard.

I would add a oil cooler for sure, I have both oil cooler , supercharger cooler and oil cooler. I cant recall oil temps but it will be working a lot harder than normal .

Its been some time since i updated and where do i start, very little work took place over the last 6 months, just been to busy, but managed to get the lads onto it this last few weeks and got her running and back on the ground, we was able to move the charger resivior to level to the charger to reduce load on the seals when stood, as well as moving the oil cooler
Untitled by Ross c, on Flickr

We did things like new gearbox oil, new mud guards, cleaned the steering wheel. Went to it today for a MOT tommorow and the bottom ball joint is knocking. So its currently back on the ramp having it all stripped down to send to Supreme Motorsport for their uprated ball joints on both sides, I will also replace the drop links and rotation links at the same time and probably the front wheel bearings

Frustrating as i had it booked it for a full alightment on the 31st
I also managed to give it a wash and a quick machine polish, amazing how much iron contaminants was on the car too

So I booked a MOT for this and noticed a slight knock on the steering.... back into the blooming workshop she went. Another quick message to Supreme and i ordered uprated bushes and arms for the car. My lads were struggling to remove the ball joints so we sent them to supreme who did some amount of decent work, aqua jetting the parts and fitting all the bits. New wheel bearings too

Annoyingly the knock is still there, somebody has mentioned something to do with the but on the steering rack / column but not looked.

While its been sat on the ramp we have noticed a little coolant leak that just wets the hoses to drips, we couldn't find anything so the lads took the off and put them under a bit of pressure. The KTR coolant hoses have somehow got a few pin pricks in them which is weird, basically they have failed. I had the mot booked in so I didn't want to cancel AGAIN and i couldn't find a hose kit anywhere, i stuck a blob of glue on the pricks and wraped them with some sort of miracle tape from hellfords.

With the car pretty much fresh as they come I took it for a MOT which passed with flying color's, I got around 100 miles on the car and it was faultless, i noticed a drone on the rear which might be the old disks or even the calipers so I am going to get a set of refurbed calipers from Supreme and then change the disks out. I also managed to get a set of black coolant hoses also which are coming next week

at the end of the day i parked it in my garage, it has been on a ramp for over a year so its a bit weird but under the garage door openers light the colour just pops like mad

So until next week when it will go for a 4 wheel alignment on monday at northants motorsport then its back to the workshop for a little bit more works (hoses and brakes) then some new seats and im away.... lol

I would add a oil cooler for sure, I have both oil cooler , supercharger cooler and oil cooler. I cant recall oil temps but it will be working a lot harder than normal .
I'm at Oulton on the 20th Nov and am not running an oil cooler at the mo but have a temp gauge so will let you know what my temps reach. What oil are you running?

So to keep this up to date.

Went of and had the roof rewrapped the old stuff came of ok given it was kept poorly in that time, also got a new sticker put on

The 4 wheel alignment was carried out, had my second set of wheel powdercoated and fitted new MRF semi slicks , replaced coolant hoses due to a weep and booked a track day :smiley:
XSPC (473) by Javelin Trackdays, on Flickr

Everything went great for about 30 mins on track and I started to lose power and then got a huge whiff of fuel in the cabin, pulled in and couldnt find what it was but the catch tank was full of vapour which was weird. Called it a day and went home.

Upon looking at it we couldnt work out what was up so did a compression test. Found two cylinders low. I found a brand new forged engine for sale by Supreme motorsport who had decided to go a different way for his shop car. Its got forged rods / pistons, head work and lots of brand new nice stuff. Bought that up x mas last year. Car sat there all year untill yesterday where we had time in the workshop to strip the engine out and get this show on the road