Road legal quad

I had a Suzuki ltr 450 and had a lot of fun on it but I was always worried about people braking in and borrowing it in the middle of the night !
In the end I sold it to bye my first megane but I do sometimes miss it for drifting round corners just to see the looks on peoples faces.

Attachments

• Photo059.jpg
    Photo059.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:
one of my mates at work wants to get one for his 1st ermmm car? mode of transport :tongueout: i think he is mad want wanting to use one a daily drive :S ??

The ltr wasn't due to it been quite wide and a low centre of gravity but one thing I do know is if I was to get another it would be the same quad but newer or a Kawasaki kfx450.

If I don't cover 70 miles a day if use one as a daily runner.... Think I might start small like a 250 or something ..... And if I can get the funds lol

To be honest you would spend more time servicing it doing 70 mls a day. And if you bought a cheep one it probably wouldn't be up to it. On my ltr I changed the oil every 10 hrs and I cover 2700 mls in 2.5 years. In that time I had to renew the rear tyres re shim the tappets and service it but when I sold it it was getting ready for a engine rebuild.

The good ones are not that bad but they are highly strung and tuned so req quite a lot of maintenance to keep them right, if you don't they will brake down and cost you a small fortune.