Road legal quad bikes

I have been looking at these recently as an alternative to another car. Alot of my mates have bikes like r6s r1s gsx rs etc. But for a laugha couple of mates have bought raptor 660 quad bikes of eBay for a couple of grand.

Has anyone off hear been on these?

I have never been on a road legal quad, only field ones. Are they a laugh? Do you reckon they are good toy ?

Would you have a raptor over a fast car as a toy?

Like bikes for people who are scared to lean :wink:

You'd be better off with a bike, you can't filter through traffic with a quad.

but with a bike you need to do a bike test with a quad you dont i think, a boy in work with me used to have one lots of fun when its nice outside

Can you go on the motorway on them ?!? No.. I'm guessing ?? not the same as having a car if you can't.

Never been on a road legal one, just farm toys in the fields round us, and they are massive fun! Only been on a bike once and ended up under the back of a parked Land Rover! ;/

4 wheels all the way for me! :wink:

I don't ride motor bikes on the roads because I don't have a bike license.

I can ride a quad on a car license sk it's an option.

I think they can go on the motorway too as there over 125cc.

I'm abit worried I will kill my self on a quad bike though.

They are amazing fun. A few friends have got raptors, they are quick so you do need a lot of self control.

As far as I know you can go on the motorway, ive only ridden it locally and I for one wouldnt fancy going down the motorway on it!

The biggest problem is the theft side of things, it needs to be kept somewhere very secure as they do like going missing.

They are amazing fun. A few friends have got raptors, they are quick so you do need a lot of self control.

As far as I know you can go on the motorway, ive only ridden it locally and I for one wouldnt fancy going down the motorway on it!

The biggest problem is the theft side of things, it needs to be kept somewhere very secure as they do like going missing.

This could be a problem.

I dont have a garage or shed or anything. How easy are they to pinch?

This could be a problem.

I dont have a garage or shed or anything. How easy are they to pinch?

Not sure about the kind you are on about Gouldy but I know the ones that farmers use around me i.e. the Honda ones, seem to go missing alot, it is big business for thieves!

i was seriously thinking of getting a raptor but i cant be arsed getting one if its going to go missing.

it would have to be left on the road which i dont think is a good idea

I wouldn't bother then Gouldy if it going to be left on the road overnight!
Too risky IMP

Your right mate. Someone could easily throw it on the back of a low loader or something similar.

I guess I'll have to think of something else eh

I have a quad mate not road legal thgh. Keep it at my mates house cus he has a massive field. Its a 500 and is rediculously fast :wink: as dangerous as a bike also cus they easily roll.

We have our quads on something called a ground anchor. They are also kept in a barn thgh. Damn those gypsies lol

I have a quad mate not road legal thgh. Keep it at my mates house cus he has a massive field. Its a 500 and is rediculously fast :wink: as dangerous as a bike also cus they easily roll.

can you get cheeper ones like replica ones? id be interested in one for the summer also how much tax and insurance?