returning to the fold - some questions

having sold my 197 a couple of years back i am now looking for a 200 cup for a trackday car.

im keeping my mk6 golf gti as a daily driver.

P1010395_edited-1_zpsb99a99d1.jpg

thing is i want a basic spec 200 cup (no AC) but with recaros and speedlines preferably. not bothered about colour but recaros are a must have for me.

a few things im not sure of;

if the cup comes with AC a lot of its 40kg weight saving is then sacrificed meaning a cup with AC isnt much lighter than a FF - is this right or is the kerb weight of the cup including AC?

did RS monitor come available on the cup or just the FF? this is something i would want.

also i take it the steering column is not reach adjustable on the cup - is it much of a job to retro fit the FF column or would it be easier to simply fit a different steering wheel with a longer boss (sparco or similar). airbag not required as this will be a trackday car.

or does anyone know how the cup steering column sits in relation to a FF (is it fully in or fully out if you get my meaning)

thanks

I can't help you with your questions but would like to say that your MK6 GTi is lush! I had a flick through your Photobucket account and your old 197 looked very tasty, too. :w00t:

thanks the clio was a great little car. had its annoying quirks but a lot more fun to drive than the GTI. i regret selling it sometimes as it would have made a good track car which is what i want now.

P1000365.jpg

had my GTI from new and done a lot to it such as bilstein B12 suspension, whiteline sway bars and anti lift and bump steer kit, stage 1 remap, miltek exhaust, ITG maxogen and some other stuff.

its an excellent road car but i dont think it would be as good on the track so fancy a nearly new clio 200

a few things im not sure of;

if the cup comes with AC a lot of its 40kg weight saving is then sacrificed meaning a cup with AC isnt much lighter than a FF - is this right or is the kerb weight of the cup including AC?

did RS monitor come available on the cup or just the FF? this is something i would want.

also i take it the steering column is not reach adjustable on the cup - is it much of a job to retro fit the FF column or would it be easier to simply fit a different steering wheel with a longer boss (sparco or similar). airbag not required as this will be a trackday car.

or does anyone know how the cup steering column sits in relation to a FF (is it fully in or fully out if you get my meaning)

thanks

You are right about the weight assumption. The cup with no Air/Con is 40kg lighter than the FF.

RS monitor on the cup was not an option, however a trader in here (SteC) can retrofit it. The part costs around £100 + fitting.

Retrofitting an FF column is expensive, both parts and fitting. If it's gonna be a track day car you'd better go with the boss+after market steering wheel option.

Now, how the steering wheel in a cup sits in relation to an FF this I can not answer as I haven't driven a cup. I'm sure someone in here will be able to tell though. Hope that helps mate and welcome (again):smile:

thanks mate

how involved is the retro fitting of RS monitor?

are all sensors etc there already?

regarding cup or FF +cup - if i cant find a non-AC cup i guess i might as well go FF.

a cup with AC kind of defeats the point of the cup IMO. i also reckon they should have come with wind up windows to save more weight but never mind

if AC weighs around 10kg a cup with AC is only around 30kg lighter than FF but the adjustable steering column is something i need so FF may be the way to go for me (im 6ft4 so need alot of adjustment in the steering column)

I'm not aware of what's involved regarding the RS monitor mate, you'd better email SteC for full details, I don't think you'd have to buy any sensors though. You could also pm Oscar360 member in here, he has it done.

I suppose if you can find a nice 200 cup that ticks all the boxes but with Air/con you could simply remove it couldn't you? However the adjustable steering is another thing. Go and test drive one mate. Then you'll be able to tell.

Who me?

10-11 grand should get me what I want

Saw a nice FF silver 200 with cup pack last nigh but no recaros and back end looked like it had a nudge. Paint was rubbing off on the tail lights and around the diamond paint felt fought on bootlid

There's a decent 12 reg white with cup and recaros for sale close by for 12k I may look at

I wanted storm grey but I ended up getting a racing blue, why are you selling mate ?

I wasnt overally fussed on colour 2bh, long as was the right car. I was looking a blue to begin with

Just seening if get any interest. If someone comes along with money i'll let it go

went to see a GW 2012 with cup pack and speedline wheels but no recaro's today

still has 38 months warranty and had about 7000 miles so not a bad car. was in very good condition other than the usualy swirl marks but nothing a polish wouldn't rectify.

the big warranty appeals to me but i really want recaro seats and this is at the top of its money so it needs to be the right spec for me

as my golf is white and im OCD with cleaning i didnt want another white car but i must say it looked great with the black speedlines and gloss black panels on the bumpers.

very tempting car

Similar Thread Suggestions