Returning member :)

Hello again guys and girls, hope you are all well :smile:

Was on here a while ago with my RB 197 cup :smile:, the clutch went on that one so decided to try something different, went for a MK5 Golf R32, now it sounded amazing, but bored me to tears and wasn't a fan of the £555 tax bill for doing less than 3k a year! So I'm back in a Renault again and I absolutely love it!

Won't rub it in too much but my mate Mark who I purchased it from is still a tad sore about selling it , having owned Renault's since I was 17 (too many to count!) This is my first Meglio and I love it already even after 3 days of ownership! A tiny bit of tidying up here and there that I wanna do to it, niggly little things like needs a parcel shelf, a new heater control (number 2 doesn't work), new light stalk (trying to get on and off high beam is a challenge) and a new gear knob, or maybe even an extended gear stick, that's pretty much it :smile:

Anyways just wanted to say hello again guys and wish you all well and have a great weekend :smile:

Dan

Attachments

• IMG-20191124-WA0044.jpg
    IMG-20191124-WA0044.jpg
    363.5 KB · Views: 29
Also have a quick question for all the brainiacs out there! Now the car never fails to start and the battery power seems fine, but with it having the engine conversion I'm never too sure which battery to insert, at the moment it has a 560amp battery, but I've seen a few people say (good old Google) use a 600amp battery, but didn't wanna put that in then it blows all the Clio electrics haha

Sorry I should have added context there too haha, the car fires up every time but sounds very sluggish turning th engine over haha

Sorry I should have added context there too haha, the car fires up every time but sounds very sluggish turning th engine over haha
I kept the Clio battery on my meg conversion. My engine is also a little lazy on start up when warm. Might be a characteristic of the engine rather than an issue.
I’ve got a couple of parcel shelf’s if you still need one

Great! Cheers for the reply Ben, appreciate it :smile:, if it's not going to be a problem then I shall leave it, just wasn't sure :smile:

Awesome! Local to Nottingham/Leicester by any chance ? Will have to give me a price, could still do with one, after I've purchased myself a new key card anyways haha

Great! Cheers for the reply Ben, appreciate it :smile:, if it's not going to be a problem then I shall leave it, just wasn't sure :smile:

Awesome! Local to Nottingham/Leicester by any chance ? Will have to give me a price, could still do with one, after I've purchased myself a new key card anyways haha
Sorry to highjack, I’ve got a parcel shelf if you need one, I’m only in Donny and I’m sure Ben wouldn’t mind :wink:

No not local sadly. Hertfordshire. I don’t want nothing for parcel shelf so if you’re ever passing let me know and you can collect.

Thanks Ben really appreciate the offer mate, very kind of you :smile:

Hiya Beany you okay mate? Funnily enough that could work well, I'm at Donny park Sunday morning for some breakfast meet, if you're about you mind if I swing by and take a look :smile:?

Thanks Ben really appreciate the offer mate, very kind of you :smile:

Hiya Beany you okay mate? Funnily enough that could work well, I'm at Donny park Sunday morning for some breakfast meet, if you're about you mind if I swing by and take a look :smile:?
Yeah I think I’m free Sunday.. I’ll get some pics when I’m back home

I Think your Right, Mark is already looking for another one, judging by his wanted post.

I Also kept the std clio battery but it is a new bosch, haven't noticed it being lazy but does take a little longer to start when hot.

I must admit I don't plan on selling mine.

Reactions: Big Ben
I Think your Right, Mark is already looking for another one, judging by his wanted post.

I Also kept the std clio battery but it is a new bosch, haven't noticed it being lazy but does take a little longer to start when hot.

I must admit I don't plan on selling mine.
That’s a better description of how mine is when hot

Reactions: Mark_L
Cheers for the info Mark :smile:, just wanted to make sure it wasn't just mine, else I'd happily upgrade the battery but didn't wanna fry anything, I had a little electrical knowledge but nothing compared to some haha! Runs absolutely perfect when fired up, just sounded alittle slow on turnover but purely me being picky haha

Reactions: Mark_L

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
jasonlovesfrench New Members 11
TrackM3 New Members 2
B New Members 4
T New Members 5
jimfacebinface New Members 7