Replacing headlights (Not bulbs)

N0ddie

Platinum Member
Looking to replace the standard Cup chrome type headlights for the projector (Black surround) type and just wondered if anyone has done similar?

How easy is it to do? Front bumper off? A few bolts and the conector off etc?

The black surrounds look better. Thats it really. Will go better with my green and black theme than the chrome looking ones I have at the mo.

They look alot better and finish the front off nicely.
+
Required if your planning on fitting a HID and dont want to blind EVERYONE.

No not yet N0ddie, it is however something i have done alot of reading into as i too intend to do it. You can pickup a pair of 200 projectors from Wests Renault (trader on Cliosport) for £260, thats the cheapest i have found (cheaper than TwingoGeeko quoted me FYI).

So once i have £400 or so to spare (to cover the headlights, HID, shipping etc) i will take the plunge :smile:

How easy is it to do? Front bumper off? A few bolts and the conector off etc?

Assuming its the same as the 197 then this is pretty much it. Plus you need to remove the levelling motor from the old ones and put them on the new ones.

No not yet N0ddie, it is however something i have done alot of reading into as i too intend to do it. You can pickup a pair of 200 projectors from Wests Renault (trader on Cliosport) for £260, thats the cheapest i have found (cheaper than TwingoGeeko quoted me FYI).

So once i have £400 or so to spare (to cover the headlights, HID, shipping etc) i will take the plunge :smile:

Not any more. Twingogeeho just beat West Renault. £120 each posted :drool:

Assuming its the same as the 197 then this is pretty much it. Plus you need to remove the levelling motor from the old ones and put them on the new ones.

Cheers for that bud.

You know you don't have to get projectors for the black surround?

It's because he has a cup, same reflector headlights but they have a silver surround rather than a black surround like the FF cars.

Would cost just as much to swap to the reflectors with the black surround probably so might as well go for projectors. I prefer just to use full beam or avoid the dark! :tongueout:

Ordered my shiney new black surround projectors today from Karl @ SMC. Should be here by the end of the week.

You won't have to change the wiring. It'll be a connector so won't need to worry about messing with wires.

It'll be pretty much the same senario on both 197 and 200. Bumper off, disconnect connector, remove light, put new light in, connect it up then bumper back on.

Is that price available to the rest of us Karl? I remember last time i contacted you regarding a price you told me around the £150 mark.

Probably best pm'ing him incase he doesn't see this. He beat West Renault by a tenner each headlight including delivery.