Replaced the 197 with a 220!

luke197

Platinum Member
Hi everyone,

Today i brought a 220 Trophy and im picking it up next weekend, i have a few questions im hoping someone can answer.

1. How do i know if it has RS-Monitor fitted, is it a case of looking on the screen when i get it?
2. Do all the Trophy Nav's come with Auto Light & Wipers, someting i completely forgot about?
3. The keyless entery didn't seem to work like my old Clio 197 is there a knack to using it?

Thanks Luke

Reactions: Jimmy
Hi everyone,

Today i brought a 220 Trophy and im picking it up next weekend, i have a few questions im hoping someone can answer.

1. How do i know if it has RS-Monitor fitted, is it a case of looking on the screen when i get it?
2. Do all the Trophy Nav's come with Auto Light & Wipers, someting i completely forgot about?
3. The keyless entery didn't seem to work like my old Clio 197 is there a knack to using it?

Thanks Luke

Hey Luke, nice one, I'm sure you'll love it!

1. Monitor - you'll know if it has it, as the display will have a list of icons at the top n this order; Info, RS Flag (if not present you won't have it), Mobile signal, Temperature and Time. See in the pic below...
uPLd5v4.jpg
Don't worry too much if it doesn't, there is a guy who is installing this for around £150 in the West Midlands area I think. Get yourself on the Clio Mk4 group on Facebook, every possible resource is there for these cars and is an ever growing and friendly community.
2. Yes
3. Yes, you need to lock it keyless in order to open it keyless. If you use the fob, you can only unlock it with the fob. It also auto locks when you walk away from it, so not the end of the world. I've never used keyless as it's not as effortless as it is on the Mk3.

Reactions: luke197
@luke197, congratulations on your new purchase, there a great car to drive, almost effortless, and shifts when pushed. Have set steering to sport and throttle to extreme mode. I don't use normal drive mode very often, the downside being only 23mpg. My 197 only gets 22mpg :think:

Reactions: luke197
I remember when I was looking at an RS Clio, I wanted RS Monitor. I found online that the screen when turning on the car is different if you have rs monitor, one person on the forum didnt realise that they had it and had to do a button combination to activate it as an option. It was in a megane though so I don't know if it's different.

Here is the link:
http://www.clio197.net/threads/rs-monitor-question.40728/

FYI This is different to the original post I found but it means the same I believe