Renault Sport Clio 197 Racing Red

I found the red option to be a pain in town when plodding along because it is very sensitive and makes the car judder when going over bumpy road. Either that or I can't hold my foot stable lol

Mate how about those c3 sprayers? Are they plug and play? Any pictures? Thanks

I found the red option to be a pain in town when plodding along because it is very sensitive and makes the car judder when going over bumpy road. Either that or I can't hold my foot stable lol

Mate how about those c3 sprayers? Are they plug and play? Any pictures? Thanks

True, the red option is a bit too aggressive for town, especially when you have a 64mm TB like I do.

I switch it from time to time just for fun. It's a GREAT mod. Car runs so much better now...

C3 sprayers - they're great. No, they're not plug'n'play - you need to cut some of the plastic.
They fit almost perfect (1mm of the hood probably because of the rubber gasket in between that you can remove but I didn't want to).

I would reccomend them.

Hi raptor,

i saw that you installed sprint booster.

To 5000rpm does it work correctly? I remember that someone had commented to me that is uncontrollable, that it goes to pulls..

Link to buy?

Thanks! :wink:

Finally got some time and money to spend @ the Grobnik track again. :wink:

2014-05-15100543.jpg

DSC_2497.jpg

DSC_2467.jpg

DSC_2421.jpg

DSC_2464.jpg

DSC_2457.jpg

DSC_2413.jpg

Had to go easy on the tires because they were new Good year Eagle 1 Asymmetric 2 that have to last till the end of next summer. :smiley:

The other 197 had Pirelli PZero slicks, some of weight reduction, ~200bhp (dyno tested), progressive shocks...

2014-05-15103046.png

[video=youtube_share;pAe69rjU4TA]http://youtu.be/pAe69rjU4TA[/video]

Last edited:
[video=youtube_share;pe3ZZHJPgCo]http://youtu.be/pe3ZZHJPgCo[/video]

Wanted to see what were my chances against a Golf V GTI Revo Stage 2+ (280bhp/420Nm) with Michelin Super Sport tires, DS2500 pads, S3 calipers, 312mm Tarox F2000 rotors & KW V3. He is SO MUCH faster in the straight line...:smiley:

Tnx! :smile:

You can see the VERY soft sidewall on the Good year's going under the wheel in the last 3 pics. :wink:

Last edited:
Considering the fact that I've started using Clio mostly as a weekend car, I haven't bothered much with the ride height. However - I drove the Clio for the last 3 weeks straight and it started to bother me the rear hight. I had problems with big bumps in the road - rear axle would sometimes hit the exhaust pipe, and the ride was uncomfortable.

Had the rear lifted by 1.6cm by myself, and discovered that the rear was slammed as much as it could go. :blush:hmy:

20140528_111730.jpg

You can see how low are the springs. And still first OEM rear rotors after 90kkm.

PodescaronavanjezadnjihClubsportnaCliu5.jpg

BEFORE

Clio-197-Clubsport.jpg

AFTER

20140528_115626.jpg

And now, the ride is at least twice as much comfortable than before. Unbelievable. :jase2:

Next in order was repairing the connector clamp leak between the Y-pipe and the Miltek decat, and the leak on a merger point between the centre silencer and the rear silencers.

20140529_133213.jpg

Welding the Miltek exhaust mount after it broke.

20140529_133644.jpg

Really disappointed with the Miltek build quality given in mind that this is not the first (and probably the last) problem with the exhaust. :worried:

Hi Raptor

I Have a Clio similar to your one,

The mods are:
Airbox v6
Manifolds decat Toyosports
Second decat
Exhaust Rc Racing Gr. N

And I have a doubt, do you believe that notarial improvement installing the 63mm throttle body? Also I have a remap.

If i install a 63mm throttle body of VAG, Would I have that to increase the diameter of the manifolds? Is the diameter OEM 60mm??

Thanks!! :wink:

Hi,

I have felt an improvement with the 64mm TB only in a first few days. Later, it seems to me, ECU compensated it somehow.

TBH: I wouldn't reccomend it as a mod. Or, I would but as the last one. Go with matched and ported inlets.