Removing Silencer on a 200?

well had quote today to do mine but flange it like Ian's... 200 quid .. Think may do it myself! lol

Anyone else done there own?

Measured the original diameter and got two measurement's of 56 and 58 mm either side the silencer. So all need is 60mm pipe with thickness of 1.5 -2mm and some mickalor claps , exhaust sealant and away we go.

200 quid! That is a lot! It's only about a foot of pipe hahaha! Not sure on diameters of pipe.

Got my silencer removed on monday, Sounds brilliant, I see where everyone is coming from saying it sounds tinny, but thats been 2 days with my silencer out and beginning to see a little improvement in noise :smile:, Drive around everywhere with my cd player off and window down listening to the pops it lets off haha!

I must say though my flat spot between 2500-3000rpm is pretty horrendous..

Order the RST from fastchip.nl
When it arrives, plug it into your car and take a snapshot of the main page with your current ECU settings on it.
Send it to Henk (info@fastchip.nl)
He'll send you back an ECU update which you install
Take another snapshot and send it to Henk
He'll send you a new .cal file which you write to your ECU
Done

You don't need any of the extras, just the basic package.

Yeah I have it. I think it's great! Cold start and kangarooing is a thing of the past. My top speed increased by 5mph as well (tested multiple times before and after remapping). I have fitted a Mongoose exhaust with no cat or centre silencer though and the flatspot is back but only occasionally.

How much would you lot expect to pay :smile: really want it done now but don't know where to get it done! Still abit sceptical about this warranty :worried:

How much would you lot expect to pay :smile: really want it done now but don't know where to get it done! Still abit sceptical about this warranty :worried:

Going by what previous people have said they were charged, I'd say £40 is good, that's what I paid to get mine done. Would recommend getting it done if you want a bit of noise but can't quite afford an exhaust yet.

The warranty side of things am not sure? I waited until my warranty was up before I done anything to mine just to stay on the safe side