Removing centre silencer......how loud?

vivid white

Platinum Member
Hi All,

Have been reading alot of people doing this but wondered how loud the system actually is after removing it.

I would like a little more noise but dont want to get too 'chavvy' :001_rolleyes: if you know what I mean.

Thanks
James

Outside;

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X065zVA55Fw[/YOUTUBE]

And Inside (mic' in boot);

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mj6eBarAoj8[/YOUTUBE]

It is noticeably louder than standard, makes a fair difference. But it's by no means deafening and it's not really any louder when sat at a steady 30, 40, 50 etc.

:wink:

Last edited:
No, not at all.

You're not removing either Cat, it's just a silencer box and has no effect on emissions. :smile:

Will.

Makes me want todo this!

Need to find someone in Kent area... Dartford / Maidstone. Anyone had this done?

Thanks for all the replies

If anyone reads this and can suggest a garage in the Leicester area to do it I would be very grateful.

james

Once the silencer has been removed can it be kept and put back on if required?

Thanks

Yer this can be done too if you don't like it.

I've had mine removed for a while now, I much prefer it to standard. Its much louder atm too cause of the cold! Pops a lot too lol.

Md im in the essex area, so sort of near dartford and kent so if theres a meet soon and your there I can show you it if you havent had it done by then

Still debating whether to have this done or not......I watched the videos and loved the sound but cant decide whether its a bit louder than what I was after. Hard to make the decision on videos really.

Hmmmm what to do?

James

I'd say get it done and have a week with it and if you don't like it then you can always swap back. It's a much cheaper alternative to buying a full system and it's only half an hours worth of work to put the silencer back in anyway...

ive had mine done recently and love it :smile: not that loud at all and makes really good pops and bangs :smile: cost me £45 in burton think im around 25 miles from loughborough

61mm internal diameter pipe so it slots over the standard exhaust and the length depends on where You cut your silencer, iv got a stainless sleve I took off mine when I fitted the cat back milltek it's for sale too ;-)

I'm looking at doing this to my non standard cat back for extra noise. Do I sleeve over the old pipe or butt up to it and use exhaust clamps?

Literally just had mine done today. Sounds nice , it's very tinny but not too chav tastic. Haven't really noticed a flat spot , but in the real world who floors a 200brake car at 2000 rpm lol. It's not worth worrying about. I have a vid but noooooo idea how to upload it!