Remapping ??

Cliosport-carl

Winner - POTM May 2017
Gold Member
Thoughts please.. I've come from a 172 and the people on the forums go on about how much of a big difference using the rs tuner box and a map from fastchips.nl makes and I know I did it on my 172 and it was fantastic and I still have the box.. so all I need to do is get it unlocked to my car and get the map however there isn't many people from what I have found on here that have it done is there any reasons for this ?? I'm looking to make my flat spot less noticeable after fitting a miltek decat back and ktec induction or would I be best getting a live or rr RE map ??

Live map for your cars exact parameters / settings / mods will always be better than a generic map.....

**Difference for me was night and day (Engine Dynamics).

With the amount of tuners offering maps for 197's / 200's - its no big deal these days either.

Where are you in the World ?

Live map for your cars exact parameters / settings / mods will always be better than a generic map.....

**Difference for me was night and day (Engine Dynamics).

With the amount of tuners offering maps for 197's / 200's - its no big deal these days either.

Where are you in the World ?
I'm in Warwickshire Midlands the only reason I was questioning is the flat spot is such a big thing in these cars and I'm worried a generic map might not necessarily work.. I have a trusted tuner who dose live road mapping but he's not massive in the Renault world ..

I'd go with a Engine Dynamics or RS Tuning lots of guys over the years have the exact problem both companies have loads of experience with the cars good luck anyway

Am I the only person who doesn't notice a flat spot? Maybe I will once I get a remap?!

Am I the only person who doesn't notice a flat spot? Maybe I will once I get a remap?!
i never noticed it before i put the miltek on i used to quite happily sit in 6th doing any speed put the foot down and it used to pull now around 2.7k it just splutters and at 3k it just takes off... This is now where i get told its not a flat spot but something else hopefully not

Maybe I'm not pushing it enough :tongueout:

Ha! Don't know about you mate, but ours certainly gets pushed enough! :tongueout:

Sure, if I try and give it full beans before it's properly warmed, then it will kangaroo all over the place but once warmed, it's not an issue at all and the flat spot is completely unnoticeable.

I noticed the flat spot once on the trip down to Peterborough at the weekend. Prior to having the scorpion put on, I never noticed it at all, and if it was there it must have been really minor (I've done the tie wrap fix). Haven't had it since, although I think I've got used to driving round it.

I noticed the flat spot once on the trip down to Peterborough at the weekend. Prior to having the scorpion put on, I never noticed it at all, and if it was there it must have been really minor (I've done the tie wrap fix). Haven't had it since, although I think I've got used to driving round it.

Exactly mate, just rev the balls off it and keep it in the sweet spot!

:smiley:

Reactions: Jimmy
ive spoke to my local bloke and will give him a try he has got all good reviews and has done Renault sports before so i will give an update of whats going on as and when..

^^^^

10hp......ish. Same with torque. Numbers alone don't tell the whole story though.

But more than made up for with cold start / kangarooing issues disappearing and the hugely improved fuelling and drive ability.

Reactions: jasonlovesfrench
I doubt any of the 'locals' will address them, generally they have no clue! They just buy a file from one of the file vendor and just load them.....

Syer do you mean better MPG?
Better driveability Jason. Smoother torque and power curves. No flat spots. No kangarooing on cold map etc etc..

I gained 8bhp and 10lb ft of torque. Doesn't sound much but believe me you really notice it everywhere in the rev range.

Reactions: nutnutwelshman
Better driveability Jason. Smoother torque and power curves. No flat spots. No kangarooing on cold map etc etc..

I gained 8bhp and 10lb ft of torque. Doesn't sound much but believe me you really notice it everywhere in the rev range.

Yup this !

Better mixture, improved response, more eager, clean-ness of running with no glitches, no flat-spots, generally smoother etc etc

= better fuelling in my eyes.

I know they all differ. But I felt mine as stock was awful 'fuelling' wise. The worst car I've ever owned tbh in this way. Not sure I could have lived with it. Ok flat out through gears......but some real World driving was not pleasant.

And what i'd call fuelling: isn't great from what a huge proportion of owners report. Not necessarily having all.....but at least some of the above 'issues'.

Similar Thread Suggestions