Remapping 200t and tranny/clutch problems

I read some posts about remapping the 200t and how capable the car gets.

But has anyone encoutered any problems with the transmission and clutches or anything else?

I'm a bit worried because there's a limit on the transmission, set by getrag. It's 280 Nm. Remapping usually goes up to 350 Nm.

It's not supposed to be a problem in short term, but has anyone done any serious mileage with a remap, say 30k +++ ?

[MENTION=3821]Womble[/MENTION] has had his remapped for quite some time now..

Id love mine done, some things like that do put me off though, and the fact the clutch is £1600 lol....

@Womble has had his remapped for quite some time now..

Id love mine done, some things like that do put me off though, and the fact the clutch is £1600 lol....

1 clutch is 1600? or a pack of two? :smiley:

Man how i wish they would've gone for a stronger transmission.

Last edited by a moderator:
You replace them both, the set is £1600 for the parts then fitting..

Quite a lot have had theres remapped with no issues, the only transmission issue I've heard of is getting a gearbox overheating message on dash, but thats with a generic map (i.e. bluefin), not a custom map.

I've seen some reports about remapped cars doing OK with no problems. But there's always that "what if...".

Guy that's doing my remap (if i go for it) uses rs tuning maps, so that's no problem.

Also, the other day i did about 100 miles in one take, all with sport mode and pretty agressive driving. On the rs monitor the transmission temperature came to max. The bar was full and the temp reading said >100 C. But no warning, although i was scared as **** (pardon my french).

i'll have that checked out.

on longer trips it gets somewhere between 70-80 C (normal mode, normal/moderately fast driving, local roads or highways, doesn't matter)

what do you and other guys get?

oh and when it got that hot, it was mostly highway, 5th and 6th gear, 160-200+ kph, outside temp was bout 30 C

In answer to the above, my car is pulling about 380nm of torque and 245 bhp, it is driven daily and pushed hard at times, I cover about 20,000 miles, the car has averaged 34mpg and has been mapped for about 18 months. The only company I would trust is RS Tuning or a flash map from them. There is a lot of computer stuff going on these days and it is not just a case of putting a bit of boost in advancing the timing and leaning the car out. There is over stuff to do with throttle position sensors and all sorts as well as the gearbox ECU. Anyone can do a flash map, it is actually spending the time doing it properly and it working with the car and not just turning alarms off or raising internal limits so you don't get alarms and lights on the dash.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Crazy torque and great consumption. Lowest i've been was 40 mpg, but normally i'd get something around 28 - 30.

Thanks for the info. What are other mods you've done? I've seen posts about your car but have never been able to get info about all the mods.

IC + intake? Anything else?

I'm thinking mostly about intake (maxogen) and remapping, no other mods.

Oh and can you check your RS monitor for transmission temperatures please?

Does anyone know if ITG maxogen fits on LHD clios?

Sorry for that. My forum etiquette is a bit compromised, because i mostly post on a private forum, which is quite chaotic. Will edit in future.

My mods, are just a Maxogen, should fit lhd, secondary cat delete and a mid box chop. Airtec intercooler and turbo cooler.

Which temps do you want? Oil, clutch? I usually run at about 90 deg on the gearbox oil clutch about 150 at times, depends on its use. I have had no issues, so no need to check. Once warning lights are flashing I'll have a look [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks mate. Yeah, I was asking about gearbox oil temperatures. Mine gor over 100 one time but normally it comes up to 70-80, when i'm driving for an hour or more. Clutches temps are fine in mine, in the manual it's written that it's ok to 200, if it's over, not so ok :smile:

I really hope that maxogen will fit, because this and remap will probably be my only mods. Do you think that changing IC is obligatory? I'm not intending to do any trackdays, but once i was driving this hillclimb, which was about 7-8 minutes of 1st, 2nd and 3rd gear and the car lost a noticeable amount of power, intake temperature was about 50 or even more. Other than that, no problems.

I've never heard about a turbo cooler (noob) - does it have any impact on performance or is it mainly to make the turbo more durable?

How does the exhaust sond now, with your mods? Any power gains from that?

And as i'm already posting so much questions - does anyone know the power gains from 220t trophy afer a remap? Would they be close to 250 bhp?

Thank's for that info. Some guy wants to buy the trophy and remap it as soon as possible. Obviously that will not be possible for now. Thanks mate

43 mpg on that one trip or 43 mpg for a longer period of time. That's a great consumption. How did you ahieve it? Steady 60mph on a motorway?

I will also post a pic of my temps, i just a short fast run.

43 mpg on that one trip or 43 mpg for a longer period of time. That's a great consumption. How did you ahieve it? Steady 60mph on a motorway?

I will also post a pic of my temps, i just a short fast run.

Crusie control set at 70, Super unleaded. If i run standard 95 i struggle to get 40. Thats not wanting to start fuel bashing thread just saying what i find

Similar Thread Suggestions