Refitting OEM exhaust after being cut off

Dystant

Detailing Dale
Paid Member
Cars going back to finance company and I'll be damned if they take my Miltek, so I'm going to stick the OEM one back on.

Due to the old one having to be cut to be taken off, how do you refit it? does it need welding back up, or is there some sort of slightly larger metal pipe you can attach it back together with?

Ideally it'll need a sleeve over the cut and welded on place to prevent any exhaust leaks...

I believe you can get 2nd hand full systems fairly cheap.
Whichever is easiet I guess

I've already got my old system sat in my hallway, just needed to know what was involved getting it refitted.

Spending a little bit to refit the OEM one so I can sell the Miltek for a few hundred makes sense.

I guess I'll give a few garages a ring and get a few quotes :smile:

Reactions: Beany
Awesome thanks again, with one of those tight enough it wouldn't need welding would it?

Cars going back to finance company and I'll be damned if they take my Miltek, so I'm going to stick the OEM one back on.

Due to the old one having to be cut to be taken off, how do you refit it? does it need welding back up, or is there some sort of slightly larger metal pipe you can attach it back together with?
@TrackM3 will know as he recently refitted the stock exhaust to his car.

Reactions: TrackM3
Yeah I took the two piece to my friend that is an exhaust fabricator and he welded on a sleeve that then the other piece slipped into and clamped on. I would use some sort of sealant as at first mine was a tight fit but still slightly blew.

Reactions: Dystant