Refitting stock exhaust

fano45

Paid Member
Hi guys

I bought a 200 cup with a completely custom exhaust system. The cat in the manifold had been gutted out and the 2nd cat also removed.
It's too loud and drony for my liking and as a result i managed to source a stock 200 exhaust to refit.
My question is if I refit the stock exhaust onto a manifold with an already emptied out precat would this pose any potential problems? Car is unmapped

The stock exhaust to be fitted includes the 2nd cat btw

If it was never remapped, not that I can imagine. People say you can pass an MOT with only the second cat too.

Mot not a problem in South Africa. More concerned with sound and back pressure with only a second cat

Can't see back pressure being an issue, but someone more knowledgeable will be able to confirm. I imagine it will be fairly quite as well.

If the first cat was removed without a remap then the engine couldn't be running smoothly surely. How long has it been running like that?

ok so i went ahead and had it refitted. precat delete with second cat still inplace.(as mentioned above the precat was gutted by a previous owner).
i now have a horrible vibration at 4k rpm. changed the engine mountings which made no difference to the vibration.
im thinking the cat might be blocked perhaps causes excessive back pressure?? or could it be an exhaust hanger

Last edited:
ECU reset, as the car thinks it needs fuelling and ignition for the old system. Disconnect the battery overnight, this will clear the previous information and the ECU will adjust to the new setup.

Replaced worn and torn engine mountings including the centre exhaust hanger which was badly torn