Rear pads - track users

It's mainly for people that use there cars on track and may have upgraded too the 2 piece front discs but any input be more than welcome.

What rear pads are you guys using?

cheers

Standard for me, they do naff all of the braking so not much point to bother doing them I don't think.

Standard for me too. I discussed this with Jack Goff (BTCC Driver) who I bought my RS197 from and he was happy with standard rears. They don't do much work really so no real point in spending unless to look pretty

I personally always pair the fronts and rear up with the same spec. They may not do much but as the heat range increases the two ends will behave very differently as the rear standards are fine at cold temps and as the fronts start to grip with more heat the rears may fade off.

And for anyone who says they do nothing, smash a couple hot laps out and then check the heat coming from the rear brakes. I've boiled the paint of my rear calipers on the lighter 172 on track.

I personally always pair the fronts and rear up with the same spec. They may not do much but as the heat range increases the two ends will behave very differently as the rear standards are fine at cold temps and as the fronts start to grip with more heat the rears may fade off.

And for anyone who says they do nothing, smash a couple hot laps out and then check the heat coming from the rear brakes. I've boiled the paint of my rear calipers on the lighter 172 on track.

Pro tip: lay off the brakes :wink: only kidding.

Maybe not going quick enough get rears hot gam? :tongueout: lol jokes.

I agree with ben. Reason I asked is I thought after number hot laps on track can felt in balanced under braking sometimes like rear couldn't keep up with the fronts.

I have ds2500 in fronts but wasn't sure if they myt be too much for rears. Anyone tired Mintex 1144's? Thinking they might have bit less bite then the ds's

Same pad for me guys, have to agree with Ben. Track or not. Otherwise you upset the brake balance when the pads reach their operating temperature.

If the ESP is off the rear brakes barely get used.

im a fairly late braker and my rears don't get hot on trackdays after each session and after 6 trackdays and 3000 road miles they're barely touched.

PF01 on the rears for me, dusty as hell so I'm looking for an alternative.

Std pads should be fine though. mainly used to settle the rear end under hard braking

I think if put standards in will have same issues as me angel.

myt be ok ATM with using the PF pads.

Car just felt unsettled and unbalanced when braking late or really hard and can only be down to rear pads. Have remember aswell using 2 piece discs on front too

I wouldn't touch ds2500 again I've wrecked them on my track car and cracked hc discs really bad , moved onto 1155 as they seem to offer less chance of brake fade etc ,

that's on a 172...

Well looks like been barking up wrong tree. Just spoke to one lads who's does time attack, he owns a 200 Clio does a lot track days in it

the issue is the suspension been too soft even on CUP suspension. sticky rubber and better brakes is causing the front too nose dive and causing rear too go unbalanced and light.

Sounds like the rear of your car is going light due to the front end being soft and so rear of the car tries to break loose. I have had the same sort of feeling with my car as I'm running the PF kit and CLRC6 pads, which provides immense stopping power but can catch you out.

Have you tried trail braking and running more corner speed, might save you having to change the suspension if you can drive around the problem?

Failing that, coil overs it will be and have it corner weighted :wink: