Rear coilover fouling wheel arch!?

K.dough11

Paid Member
Evening all, I will attach picture from my car specifically on Monday but thought I’d get the ball rolling.

I have a clio 200 with AST 5200 coilovers. On the passenger side only there is no clearance, so the rear coilover spring is rubbing on the chassis (see pic for location). Anyone familiar with whether this is a known issue with coilovers on clio mk3 or might it be specific to ast 5200’s?

cheers

365BBDF4-1991-43C0-BD02-E8E6AB74F22C.jpeg

It’s ‘normal’

out of the 5 sets of Gaz’s my mates have, 3 required hammering. Nothing to worry about

It’s ‘normal’

out of the 5 sets of Gaz’s my mates have, 3 required hammering. Nothing to worry about

Thanks for a quick response and you also answered the next question. Hammer it is then!!

I assume the variation is on the chassis structure as they’re all mounting in a uniform position within the existing holes. Unless on second thoughts there is a small discrepancy with where the mounting points are from car to car?

Anyway, that’s helpful to know.

Cheers man

I’m not 100% sure, but I think it’s a panel issue as opposed to the geometry of the suspension and mounting points.
From what I’ve seen, some are certainly worse than other.

Obviously the car was never really designed to have a coil over shock so it isn’t really an issue for the OEM.

Reactions: K.dough11