Rear coilovers

Anyone know if the rear setup for the standard mk3 and the RS is the same for the shocks? (Top nut accessed from boot and bottom bolted to chassis)
Im looking to get the rear lower than it is already so i can get the front further down without it looking stupid.
Preferably id like to have the rear as an actual coilover with a linear spring, not this progressive spring BS

PFA:
LRM_EXPORT_344454252606434_20191026_224946577.jpeg

If you are talking about damper and spring as 1 unit, as standard the RS is same as non-RS, the spring and damper are separate.
You can buy them, that are damper and spring as one unit from places like Gaz and AST, but you'll need deep pockets.

Reactions: Jkeillor94
If you are talking about damper and spring as 1 unit, as standard the RS is same as non-RS, the spring and damper are separate.
You can buy them, that are damper and spring as one unit from places like Gaz and AST, but you'll need deep pockets.
Hmm. I might just sod it and get some custom springs then.
I know the front is set up quite different from mine to an RS but all i need is the helper spring removed and adjusters wound up a bit so its sitting right, which is no big task.
I can get some springs from BC quite cheap, rated 12k too

Yes front hubs are totally different, but I think rear axle in the main parts are the same.

Have you removed the rear adjuster platform totally? Might give you enough adjustment?

Yes front hubs are totally different, but I think rear axle in the main parts are the same.

Have you removed the rear adjuster platform totally? Might give you enough adjustment?

Rear adjusters have never been on the car, they never even left the box infact haha.
I reckon rear coilovers (single unit) would give me the adjustment i need but im not gonna pay way over the odds if i can avoid it.
Hopefully someone may have the part numbers for the rear shock and spring

You'll be looking to pay a lot, I think your better option is custom springs, like you said they are not that expensive, I had some made years ago for my Bora.

You'll be looking to pay a lot, I think your better option is custom springs, like you said they are not that expensive, I had some made years ago for my Bora.
As long as the spring rate is fine then theres nothing to worry about.
All i need is 2 inches lower in the rear and about an inch in the front then ill be happy with the height.
Stanceboi life haha

Reactions: suj