Rear ABS wiring

Clarki99

Paid Member
Got a 200 track car which is stripped, caged etc.

Getting round to some jobs been putting off for ages one of which is removing some of the redundant wires in the wiring loom - airbags, rear boot release etc etc.

Don't even think ABS works any more on my car (might have removed control unit at some point but not sure as ages ago that I stripped it).

Anyway I want to remove the rear ABS wiring (picture attached) and anybody done this, is it easy to disconnect sensor from rear hub?

Car is going in to garage soon for new exhaust to be fitted so would it be easier to get them to disconnect the sensor so I can pull the wiring through or is it quite an easy job once rear wheels and arch liners removed?

Any advice gratefully received - thanks.

Attachments

• Rear ABS 1.jpg
    Rear ABS 1.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 14
  • Rear ABS 2.jpg
    Rear ABS 2.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 14
You’ll need to remove the rear discs to get to the sensor. It just unclips from the holder and from there you can trace it back and disconnect it.

Brilliant thanks - just out of interest are there the same sensors on front wheels or does it just measure some sort of difference between front and rear wheel speeds?

Brilliant thanks - just out of interest are there the same sensors on front wheels or does it just measure some sort of difference between front and rear wheel speeds?
There are front sensors too, they’re bolted through the hub.