rear abs sensor problem

hi all, ony 2008 197 cup ive just had a new bosch rear abs sensor fitted, (sourced by me) had the fault come up a while back, had the code read at a garage and this part was needed apparently.
Ive driven home and the abs/esp and the spanner lights came back on.
I have read somewhere that its likely now to be the abs ring that is at fault? the garage were very unhelpful saying they had gone as far as they could with it (i know) so im just wondering where i could get an abs ring from please? i always go to rpd but i cant see one listed just the abs holder which i think is different?
any help would be gratefully received
many thanks, stew

hi thanks for your reply, i only replaced the actual abs sensor lead not the bracket. Yes its the rear brakes sorry
thanks stew

The brackets rust and fall apart. If you have not changed it yet then that might be your problem. They are relatively cheap to replace if you are comfortable to do it yourself.

thanks for your reply again!
great thank you for that.The garage dodnt say anything about the bracket being broken i assume they just threw the sensor on cleared the dashboard lights and handed it back to me.
I don't feel confident doi g this type of work myself if om honest, its my daily car and i wouldnt have a clue about putting brakes back together! my limit has been replacing the whole front wiper linkage and then a few weeks later undoing it all as the motor then needed replacing!
Im not sure what to do next now..

thanks again
stew

Reactions: Hawko
hi again and thanks once more, i dont think id be able to carry that out on my own, looks like ill be finding another garage to go to sadly..
ill try and find the holders and possibly the rings on.lo e this weekend
thanks for your help again, stew

hi again and thanks once more, i dont think id be able to carry that out on my own, looks like ill be finding another garage to go to sadly..
ill try and find the holders and possibly the rings on.lo e this weekend
thanks for your help again, stew
Where are you based mate?

Ahh - no worries. I'm in the south west and would've been happy to help out if you were local but no worries... As per @burrellbloke - get the garage to check the brackets that are located behind the rear discs. 9/10 this is the cause of the fault. If the brackets are rusted/gone, make sure they check the ring on the rear of the discs (they have a magnetic strip). Usually these are okay but the magnetic ring can degrade or even scrub off if the brackets are not fitted properly.

As per the above, they are cheap enough and the job is pretty straight forward - Part number for bracket; 8200618352

Reactions: Stew and Sean197
Hi Frank thats absolutely superb thank you for your v kind offer to help me and thanks for the info and part number, big thanks to burrell too .
right.. so a new bracket or brackets in a pair, please tell me the rings are available on their own without having to buy a new disc!?
thanks once again for your help,
best wishes stew