Raider gearknob?

Anyone have one?

If so whats your thoughts on it compared to standard leather one?

Smoother/Slicker etc?

Its alot of of dosh so just trying to convince myself really.

It's like a lot of extras they are so expensive and do you really need it???We would all probably have one if they were all affordable

It's like a lot of extras they are so expensive and do you really need it???We would all probably have one if they were all affordable

Exactly that, there is nothing wrong with the leather one. My wife aske dwhat i would like for my bday lol

Could put the money towards a track day?

Just thought there might somebody that had used both and noticed any difference? If it makes gear changes a bit more pleasurable:drool:

Only just seen this. Only thing I have changed on my 200 is the RS gear nob. Soooooo much better than the standard affair IMO. Might be placebo but I swear it improves gear change. Seems to have more weight to it.

When i fitted the rs gearknob (same design except no reverse lever) to my twingo rs it felt like a totally different gearbox. No joke. It was so much more fun to change gears due to the added weight and the clio v6 style round shape... My clio came with it from the factory and it still feels awesome. Didnt like the leather one when i testdrove a cup clio before purchase.

The metal knobs have a major downside though: if exposed to sun, they get insanely hot :smile:

no, it's inevitably destroyed!

of course it goes back on again :smile: if you do it multiple times there might be some slag though due to worn plastic stuff on the inside of the knob.

Only just seen this. Only thing I have changed on my 200 is the RS gear nob. Soooooo much better than the standard affair IMO. Might be placebo but I swear it improves gear change. Seems to have more weight to it.

This is the response i wanted, think i will do it! Have seen the "rs" design i perfer that one bit less busy. tbh i would perfer either 1-6 gear numbers or just blank!

Now just gotta try and find the cheapest, might be able to ring round and knock them down.

a german parts supplier did a youtube video about how to replace the gearknob...

[YouTube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6lG18b323W4[/YouTube]

also there are two different designs. the old one saying "RENAULTsport" and the 2012 model that says "R.S."

I personally prefer the old one, as I don't like the new R.S. logos at all. just seems a bit fordish