Radiator fan woes

Cool that would be great I can get most climate parts from other Clio's but there is not many with push button start but I now think Clio GT's from 2010 were keyless push button start.
id think all the 200 full fats are push button start aren't they?

Reactions: Doogle
Cool that would be great I can get most climate parts from other Clio's but there is not many with push button start but I now think Clio GT's from 2010 were keyless push button start.
So you want a climate trim with push button start also? Is that correct? If so any full fat 200 with climate will also be push button start :thumb:

Thought he wanted climate with push button start, should be easy to find...

He does, I was just saying I have never seen a combination of key ignition and climate control, even on the 197s. Key and regular dials, push button and regular dials and push button and climate.

I was under the impression the Cup models could be specified with everything as an extra but might have been wrong about that.

He does, I was just saying I have never seen a combination of key ignition and climate control, even on the 197s. Key and regular dials, push button and regular dials and push button and climate.

I was under the impression the Cup models could be specified with everything as an extra but might have been wrong about that.
I think cups could only have normal aircon, not climate but I may be wrong... otherwise it would be a full fat with cup pack I guess... I understand your point now :wink:

Reactions: Doogle
Na all I'm needing was a dash trim that has the climate control holes in it, They are hard to find most stuff you can take from other same age Clio's but not many models have keyless entry hence push button start. I think the 200 as a different shade of grey dash trim but anyway I need a centre trim with climate control the rest I can track down if not available at the time.

200 trim
upload_2018-7-18_1-16-15.png

197 trim
upload_2018-7-18_1-17-20.png

Na all I'm needing was a dash trim that has the climate control holes in it, They are hard to find most stuff you can take from other same age Clio's but not many models have keyless entry hence push button start. I think the 200 as a different shade of grey dash trim but anyway I need a centre trim with climate control the rest I can track down if not available at the time.

200 trim
View attachment 126581

197 trim
View attachment 126582

all the full fats will have keyless on a 200, and all the f1 clio 197's will have keyless entry 100%, and im sure lots of 197 full fats will have had keyless specced as well

200 trim
View attachment 126581

197 trim
View attachment 126582

We appear to have taken over this post... Turkie, Ill PM you some photos when mine is off the car.

Reactions: Dumdum
As my first post, it's never nice to start with a problem. But I had the same issue on my 2007 model. Took it in to the mechanic yesterday and they ran a diagnostics, and found... nothing. They then also quoted me between 4-6 hours labour to find the issue, and potentially replace the fan and switch.

I took the car home and decided to go through all the fuses, relays and looms to see if anything was causing the problem.
BIG THANKS to turkey172 for the diagrams, they literally saved me.

After going through the diagram references, 262, 321, 597, 1337, 1033 and cleaning the battery terminals, I was at a loss. I read through the whole post again, and noticed I hadn't checked the 234. It made sense, because the radiator fan wasn't kicking in, and my aircon wasn't blowing that cold. Turns out, it wasn't seated properly, and now all my problems are gone!

Just on a side note, I owned a 2007 1.6 dynamique before the 197, and had a similar issue. That time around it was the 321 connection to the switch which had started to crumble.

Right OK at least someone has got it sorted then the info was worth it. Show some thanks to the forum and get paid member status it's only £5 then you can get access to the How to section for the more difficult problems.

I know it's been a year, but thought I'd update the thread after getting it sorted a bit back now!

Managed to find a garage with an auto electrician who didn't cost an arm and a leg. Found the issue in two seconds being the resistor, but also found the fan lugs had snapped so the fan had come loose, and the blades were resting on a pipe, so couldn't spin - most likely the cause of the resistor going.

Got it all fixed up, no more problems and no more dreading the stop light coming on when stuck in traffic and overheating haha

Bumping an old thread. But having the same woes. I've checked connections. And before coming across this thread i had read another and changed the relay (234) and still no cigar. Any other ideas?

Discovered my fan doesn't work the other week thole trying to get the car through the emissions at mot. My cat is on its way out and it was a very hot day. They pushed a bit too hard.
IMG_20230613_153730.jpg

Reactions: swansea-seren
Garage sorted my fan out for me. Apparently there was a broken wire from a relay next to the battery. He said the loom loops pretty tight under the relays and one had broken there. They fitted a new thermostat too and I had no issues on a tour of Wales enjoying the car to it's fullest.

Similar happened to one of my mates on the last trackday.
One of the wires had actually become unplugged out the bottom of the relay