r888r pressures

Beany

Platinum Member
Had a quick search but couldn’t find anything...

People who run r888r what pressures are you running

Definitely a bit more than 30.....

I ruined a set of my mates from folding the sidewall over running them at 30

Reactions: Beany
Reading their advice, a track Clio (let's say 1100kg ish) would be in the lower range of their 'heavy' category (1000kg - 1400kg). Their advice is then to go for 28-40psi hot.

Cold temperatures are almost irrelevant because you don't know the starting temperature or ambient conditions, so I would always target the hot temperature.

Simplifying it and assuming a linear relationship between the range of weights and pressures that Toyo suggest:

1000kg to 1400kg = 400kg range
28psi to 40psi = 12psi range
Therefore for every 100kg, there is a 3psi difference.
Using that assumption, an 1100kg Clio should be targeting 31psi hot as a baseline, then adjust to suit driving style and handling preference.

Stick a 100kg driver in there (that's generous :laughing:)and a full tank of fuel you're up at 1250kg ish? Therefore using this linear relationship you're looking at approx. 32-33psi?

Any thoughts?

Seems a safe assumption.
Obviously best to monitor throughout the day.

I can certainly say that 30 psi is way too low for them.

Reactions: Beany
The more pressure the stiffer the tyre and so the tread heats more. Lower pressure and the sidewalls flex more giving carcase heat. Everything is a variable, 8
88+

I run 28 cold all round on mine with no problem but then I don't put the lateral loads into the tyre for long enough unlike a track day. I run that on the road too with no adverse wear issues. There's no point trying to measure hot as the run is over by then.

Also ran mine at 28psi cold last month at Cadwell - stripped out track only car. Unfortunately didn't get chance to measure pressures hot (having too much fun).

All I can say is that they performed faultlessly (would say slightly better than my AR1's, definitely better than AD048 & RSR's I've used before) throughout the day, even and not excessive wear.

I had 28 front and 30 rear cold for sprints

Last day out was my first time with the diff and gazgolds, now that I can go round corners quicker I noticed it was just starting to wear the top of the sidewall, so maybe a bit higher is needed