R27 gone. Hello white 200 with black speedlines ;0)

59 plate, picking up next Friday. Glacier white, cup chassis, recaros, black speedlines and climate :0)

As far as the car goes....well weight of steering, much better and more feeling, kind of like cornering in an old skool hatch. The chassis is immense, so balanced...It's stiffer and tighter but with awesome damping which translates to a smoother and quieter cabin. The exhaust note is deeper and not as raspy, more natural sounding grrrr:0)

And finally the gear ratios. From my two test drives it would appear lower gears are now shorter and higher gears and now longer. Makes sense to me and just feels so much better. Even the gearbox is looser and less clunky, it feels quick and smooth.

The whole car is immense, nicer inside and better built. If you are thinking of getting one, you won't regret it.

Last edited:
I'd have one anyday.

The only thing that stopped us getting a 200 was cost, but I dare say that 2nd hand prices may be within reach within couple of years

Good buy, well done, it's a stunner

I'm a little tempted to do the same - but it's still that front end I can't agree on!

But still, stunning car mate! Sounds like it's better to drive too so you'll probably get more enjoyment from it :thumbup1:

they're slowly growing on me. good choice with the white with black wheels. i'd like to give one a test drive, but i personally couldnt see myself ever getting one, for now i'm happy with the 197

Really like the look of that mate, im slowly but surely coming round to the new 200 and in white with black bits and wheels looks awesome.

For me there are only 2 colours which suit the 200 - white and black and that is just because of the front end.

With the black alloys your car looks brilliant!

Thanks for all the comments! Looking at other threads it seems like lots of people are ordering 200's.

I will miss my R27 but for me it's the right time to let it go. The R27 is due its major 36k service, front tyres and tax. The dealer gave me 10k for the R27 and their demo 200 with its options and 4.5k miles was only 14999.

Congratulations mate, I see one today it is such a nice looking car. I see it behind me quite a way off and could tell it was a 200 strait away.:001_tt1:

lovely looking car mate, enjoy it. As you say it was prob the right time to let it go; with the 36k service, tyres and tax due, it has only cost you a few grand realistically to change.

Looks superb - nice one. I'd probably do the same after a test drive, but there aren't any around here to try :worried:

Nice deal too - mine is coming up to its 36k and needs new pads and tax soon also.

Is the extra torque noticeable?

Looks superb - nice one. I'd probably do the same after a test drive, but there aren't any around here to try :worried:

Nice deal too - mine is coming up to its 36k and needs new pads and tax soon also.

Is the extra torque noticeable?

Hi mate, cheers for that.

About the torque...As I'd already anticipated the 200 felt no quicker than my 197 but that's no necessarily gonna be the same in all cases....I've always put V-Power in, fully synthetic oil every 6k, ITG panel filter and ACTIS solution ECU remap.

What the 200 has over a good 197 is a slightly punchier response (even without a panel filter) below 3k and instead of hitting VVT at 5.5k it hits it around 4k. Now I've always felt that when exiting a corner in my 197 there is always a pause in response as I'm normally around 4k in 2nd. So rather than having to wait until 5.5k you have that explosive power ready in 2nd as you exit the corner. Very good :0)

Also probably the best thing about it is the steering. At first I couldn't work out why the car felt so much....better. The heavier steering just gives it a more focused old skool feel, it's amazing how much these few little touches can make!

Refined and raw is the best way to describe the 200 :0)

Refined and raw - quite an impressive car to offer a balance of the two.

Out of curiosity, have you ever tried an R26? What did you think?

I know mine is going soon now. Your review has probably sold this to me :smile:

Thanks.