r26r wipeout

I was on a track day (Renaultsport organised) at Cadwell in August 2009 and some bloke obliterated his six month old Glacier White 197 Cup. Rolled a fair few times, also heard that the car was on a pcp, so shouldn't have been on the track.

PCP does not mean you cant drive a car on a track. As long as its insured you can do what the hell you like with it. Renault will allow any car on one of their Renaultsport track days, PCP, straight finance etc.

My advice to anyone going to the 'Ring, is pretty much whats echoed above. TF is NOT a track day, and shouldnt be treated as such.

Drive within your limits like you would on any other public road.

PCP does not mean you cant drive a car on a track. As long as its insured you can do what the hell you like with it. Renault will allow any car on one of their Renaultsport track days, PCP, straight finance etc.

My advice to anyone going to the 'Ring, is pretty much whats echoed above. TF is NOT a track day, and shouldnt be treated as such.

Drive within your limits like you would on any other public road.

As Brown Bear (and I missed out) pointed out the driver had no insurance in place to cover the damage caused to his car.

I wonder what ever happened in terms of paying for the car?

Very bad driving why did he stay on the power as it started to twitch on the gravel?

Thats gutting! I would properly sob if I'd done that to mine, though I spose you pay your money and take the risk....

Very bad driving why did he stay on the power as it started to twitch on the gravel?

take your foot off and u spin, gussing he was doing what everyone says and that in a FWD car is in doubt power out! but the poor person ran out of room

Yeah personally I think I'd have kept my foot in on that aswell (wrong or right?!) but as I think Brown Bear has pointed out theres chuff all run off for him to really stand much of a chance once it went wrong.

Take your foot off and spin??? Maybe thats the case in a 4wd with a diff you power through it.

Problem is with the fwd and a diff it throws the torque to the wheel that needs it on this occasion it looks and im no expert but looks like he powers through and the diff did more harm than good by grabbing the left hand wheel and throwing the torque through the right. Driving with a diff is weird because natural instincts say lift off but really you should power through........ Maybe he was going to fast........