r26r Rear Discs

Hi,

Big service for the 200 this year. I've been wondering about the slotted r26r rear brakes to help with clearing the rust.

Has anyone here got experience of them? Sad to admit that my car is very rarely used and does suffer from rusty discs :-(.

Thanks,
Ben.

Are you wanting to get rid of the rust on the actual brake disc hub? If so, you could simply paint (brush or aerosol) over the rust.

However if you want to buy new discs with the black coating on them, the OEM discs do not have enough coating so there will still be a small ring of rust on them.

MTec discs are grooved/drilled and are a lot cheaper. I had them on mine and they were fine. It's worth painting the hub with hammerite to stop rust, but only constant use will prevent the actual disc surface rusting.

I recently started using Bilt Hamber Atom-Mac on brake disc etc. it really helps keeping the discs somewhat rust free when car is not use. Previously the braking surface would turn all rusty in a day or two if it was wet/raining outside but this keeps them rust free in between me driving the car. It's supposed to neutralise road salt too.

Are you wanting to get rid of the rust on the actual brake disc hub? If so, you could simply paint (brush or aerosol) over the rust.

However if you want to buy new discs with the black coating on them, the OEM discs do not have enough coating so there will still be a small ring of rust on them.

It was the braking surface in particular. Mine get rusted up and scored very quickly and wondered whether the grooved versions of the discs were better at preventing it.

I'll check out the Bilt Hamber stuff as had not seen that before.

Cheers folks.

Hi Locke,

Just looking at whether the grooved discs clear the rust from the faces better than the non-grooved. My standard non-grooved seem to get quite badly scored up when clearing the rust. might give the r26r or equivalent a go to see if it makes any difference.

Cheers.

Hi Locke,

Just looking at whether the grooved discs clear the rust from the faces better than the non-grooved. My standard non-grooved seem to get quite badly scored up when clearing the rust. might give the r26r or equivalent a go to see if it makes any difference.

Cheers.
Wrong to person to ask mate. I do have R26R discs but your lucky if my car does 250 miles a year. I bought them because they are OEM and look nice. :wink:

Reactions: Big Ben