quite simple.. photo request

basiclaly i wnat... if anyone has.... pics of o.e wheels on a 197 with

1: 25mm spacer
2: 20 mm spacers?
3: 16mm spacers
4: 12 mm spacers?

hate the look of my car so going to run spacers juts for sho and remove them as and when needed,

but its a comprimise between handling/looks when tehre on teh car, so obvioulsy thinner is better...

can anyone help?

if i get enuff pics together i will also do a 'stance' thread which will cover purely pics of wheels/lowering/spacer options :smile:

25 mm......

Attachments

• 32.jpg
    32.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 64
  • 30.jpg
    30.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 50
  • 31.jpg
    31.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 42
  • 23.jpg
    23.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 44
  • 33.jpg
    33.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 53
good thread, want to see what 10mm looks like on standard et68 wheels, as 16 do seem a little out as well, the 25mm is waaay to wide :smile: nimbus may not have the rearquarter stonechips visible but my DB is chipped a lot even with it being non spaced since new, anyway, 10mm anyone? gaz whats yours lowered on?

You are changing the geometry of the car, altering steering angles, etc. I tried my old Puma on various different offsets, from ET34 (standard), ET40, ET25, ET35 and ET20. While the difference between ET34 and ET35 was not at all noticeable, all of the other offsets made the car plain awful to drive.

It is a brave person who spends money on spacers and then admits it was a waste, learn from their mistakes.

It is human nature that most people would grin and bear it to save face, unfortunately letting others make the same mistake.

Does make sense!! Thanks for letting me know, was very close to spending around £200 on some H&R 20mm! Would have been a complete waste of time! Leaves me more to spend on fun stuff!!:smile:

I was looking at HR 30mm springs but didnt want to completly lose the wheels in the arches! But theres no point making the car crap for the looks i suppose!

the thing with spacers is that the widened track makes the car better handling on dry surface, the feeling that it is screwing up the handling is only because a widened track should usually go with a suspension upgrade, anyway I can guarantee that a 25mm spaced clio even on standard suspension will be faster round a dry track than a standard one, theres a different story when its wet, the standard setup should be better then, I am not saying should be faster but a lot more predictable and safe for sure,

the thing with spacers is that the widened track makes the car better handling on dry surface, the feeling that it is screwing up the handling is only because a widened track should usually go with a suspension upgrade, anyway I can guarantee that a 25mm spaced clio even on standard suspension will be faster round a dry track than a standard one, theres a different story when its wet, the standard setup should be better then, I am not saying should be faster but a lot more predictable and safe for sure,

Wont it put extra strain on the wheel bearings though?

I am tempted to space mine as they do stick in the arches a fair bit, but I am concerned with adverse andling effects, and also the extra strain?

Dont agree with that really. My 16mm spacers were coupled with a H&R coilover set up. Still wank.