Projector headlights

Where are people buying these from?

I noticed that http://www.allpartssouthwest.com/acatalog/Special_Offers__CLIO_Mk4_09_2005__664.html say they get theirs from crash damaged cars. I doubt it would be much more expensive to get a pair from renault and they're guarenteed 100% perfect condition

I got mine from a 2nd hand Clio Dynamqiue... Renault swopped mine out for me as a gift...

it is not new, but very close... and free :smiley:

a little treatment should have them all 100% :wink:

Anyone know if the lenses come off the lights? I have a set of silver lights, want the "black" versions but wondered if instead of swapping the units it might be possible to remove the lenses and (carefully) paint the relevant areas black.

Any thoughts anyone please?

Where are people buying these from?

I noticed that http://www.allpartssouthwest.com/acatalog/Special_Offers__CLIO_Mk4_09_2005__664.html say they get theirs from crash damaged cars. I doubt it would be much more expensive to get a pair from renault and they're guarenteed 100% perfect condition

Are they definitely not brand new lights from there? I was going to get some but I've had enough of buying second hand lights, it always ends badly!!

Anyone know if the lenses come off the lights? I have a set of silver lights, want the "black" versions but wondered if instead of swapping the units it might be possible to remove the lenses and (carefully) paint the relevant areas black.

Tried this with a scrap one I had, you have no chance due to the amount of sealant around it. It would take ages and probably look cr*p when you put it back together!

I did mine. It's very time consuming and the outcome isnt bad!
The best way to get rid of the sealant is to disconnect all the wiring and bake them in the oven for around 8 minutes. Then remove the sealant with a small screwdriver.
I sprayed my inserts matt black, put them back together and then re-sealed them with clear multi-purpose sealant from homebase! I did this several times to reduce the risk of misting up, and i havnt had any problems.

However, i am now looking for a set of genuine black projectors rather than the tacky halo ring styled ones off ebay!

Are they definitely not brand new lights from there? I was going to get some but I've had enough of buying second hand lights, it always ends badly!!

I didn't phone them to check but it does say that on their website.

If you're near essex then Mark who works for renault near chelmsford can supply brand new for ~£100 per headlamp

I didn't phone them to check but it does say that on their website.

If you're near essex then Mark who works for renault near chelmsford can supply brand new for ~£100 per headlamp

I'm not near Essex, but could arrange courier, will have a word, cheers!

I did mine. It's very time consuming and the outcome isnt bad!
The best way to get rid of the sealant is to disconnect all the wiring and bake them in the oven for around 8 minutes. Then remove the sealant with a small screwdriver.
I sprayed my inserts matt black, put them back together and then re-sealed them with clear multi-purpose sealant from homebase! I did this several times to reduce the risk of misting up, and i havnt had any problems.

However, i am now looking for a set of genuine black projectors rather than the tacky halo ring styled ones off ebay!

Bumping an old thread.

Do you have anymore details on heating the headlight in the oven? I want as much info before I attempt mine.

Can't see the thread as I'm not registered. I have an idea of how to do them so I'll post pics if I suceed. If not then you'll see some melted headlights. lol