Problem with the rear lights :(

Hi guys,

Driving back last night i noticed some of my lights have stopped working after the Swiss police pulled me over.

All of the lights that seem to have failed are on the left side, front side light, rear left light and both reg. lights. I tried replacing the rear ones and reg. lights but still no luck. It could be a coincidence but my feeling was that it was one fuse for all these lights( I'm not sure on how the fuses work for the rear lights). Has anyone else had this problem or can maybe suspect what it could be?

thanks in advance

i think it does, but one of the rear fogs is out as well :worried: must be the fuse in my opinion...

Does anyone know where the lights fuse box is on the 200? is it the same as the 197?

It'll be the fuse, it's under the air filter box, you need to take it out and access the fuse box. It's one of the row of 10 amp (IIRC and IIRC again it's the far left one) . But you need to try and find out what has blown it, the number plate lights are the likely culprits!

thanks guys, yeah must have been the led reg lights... thought it was ok to have them though, i ran a resistor on my previous car maybe one is needed for the clio's aswell...

Mine were ok, but when I tried them in the Mazda they didn't work. You might need some error free ones. They're generally better quality too. The ones I got off eBay were about £10 for a pair and come with a 12 month guarantee.

I havent tackled the fusebox yet, ill probably be doing it thursday if you still haven't done it yourself. If you manage to do it before me let me know too! :smiley:
I think the reason mine happened is there is a small crack on one of the numberplate clear led covers so must have got water in. time to get a new cover!

Yea its solved the front side light and rear tail light, i havent got bulbs in the numberplate atm but id guess they will be fine
I got 2 x 10amp fuses from Halfrauds today for £3 and its fine

Last edited:
We need to change n309=Fusibile luci di retromarcia=rear light fuse..

If you want come this evening to my garage and i've all tools.. :wink: