Price to fit cams?

In the 182 it cost me about £150 to have them removed.

I had them fitted whilst the cam belt was being changed so I think it was about £60 on top of the service price.

Do the aftermarket ones have the same cut outs on the ends to be timed up or have you guys had them dialed in?

The remap depends on the cams, some you will, some you wont.

Mine was live mapped afterwards at RS Tuning, cost about £400 from memory. Cams, fitting and remap saw me on the wrong side of £1000... :oops:

The remap depends on the cams, some you will, some you wont.

Mine was live mapped afterwards at RS Tuning, cost about £400 from memory. Cams, fitting and remap saw me on the wrong side of £1000... :oops:

what gains did u make daz

cams will gain you a good 10 to 15 BHP but IMO they are not really for everyday cars. they compramise drive-ability and MPG

how are these better than schrick woody?
i have no experience of either manufacturer, just interested to learn. as if i am keeping my clio, it'll be getting a genuine circa 220 brake after afghan :smile:

I'd like to know this also :thumbup1:

how are these better than schrick woody?
i have no experience of either manufacturer, just interested to learn. as if i am keeping my clio, it'll be getting a genuine circa 220 brake after afghan :smile:

No the shricks are the wildest u can get unless u go for the 401's which no one has, they would need differnt lifters i think?! My shricks are slighter wilder than woody's, pretty sure he runs the 403's. The the 402's are the ones kev had which gave him 208 iirc. These arnt a great deal wilder than standard. Mine made 221. Woodys is bout 230 but hes spent twice as much as me on his engine.

Cams are a good route to go if you want to exaggerate the clios revvy character. Feels very strong on cam till the 7.8k rev limit, and also adds bout 10mph more in each gear, which is handy!! Its just expensive, but worth it if you like it.

Last edited:
I do run 403's they are aggressive cams but with a tinker we smoothed the idle and it ran sweet. Power past 5k was mind blowing even in 6th at 90 it would pull to 120 no problem.

I didnt only stop at cams though lol

Ahhhh well mate its only a car at end of day want something a bit more comfortable and practical. I had some fun in it dont get me wrong i will miss it.

Yes jamsport can supply and fit the shricks. They have done all the work on mine. Very happy with the results. Its a rocket!! Lumpy on idle tho. But as with all cams, if you can live with that trade off for blistering top end until 7.8 k its worth it!