Predicament... 997 Turbo Vs GTR Vs Ferrari 360 etc..

So this bird has bought me a supercar thrill thing for my birthday which im really looking forward to. Should be a good day but i have the problem of choosing the car to drive! Ive driven a 355 before and loved it but i thing the 360 will be too similar. I have a bit of a soft spot for Porsche Turbos so im leaning that way but then theres a V8 Vantage, GTR, Lambo Gallardo, Arial Atom and an R8. I want to have a go in all of them to be honest but need some help from you kind chaps and chapesses to convince me of the right choice!! Any ideas greatly appreciated! Thanks.

Go for the Atom, I drove one at Mallory a few months ago and it was in a different league to the other cars, the acceleration was superbike quick, the handling and turn in speed was like a single seater (which I have also driven) and the braking power was like hitting a brick wall.

As you say you have done the ferrari and to be fair the lambo, R8, aston and porsche will be fairly similar, the other option is the gtr, which its bloody quick but with all its gizmos it drives itself, even your gran could do a hot lap.

So imo its the Atom ftw, pure adrenalin, plus the fact I canned all the cars you mentioned in the atom ;-)

Last edited:
Atom sounds good mate. When I did my track day it was in a GTR, was regarded by all the instructors as the best car there. They had R8s numerous ferraris porches and lambos. So when I did my laps they all had to move out of my way lol
Then when I was finished a guy went out in an aerial atom style car and it was stupid fast.
Could only be a passenger in that car so not as much fun as driving one yourself.

lambo for me, i love the sound of that v10. atom would be sweet if it wasn't for the cold!

Gallardo for me. Big lambo fan, never driven one though, but the atom would be out of this world. Assuming its not raining.

Porsche and Astons are for fat middle aged men with no kids and a munter of a wife.

Supercars only come from one country, thats Italy.

Get it sorted!!

Last edited:
For me itd be the Porsche or the GTR. I don't think I'd bother with the atom, although its the quickest there it'd play on my mind that out of all the cars the atom would be the one I could afford to buy and run. All the others are next level.

On the same subject, has anyone tried the day at bedford autodrome were you can drive the clio cup racecar?

hmm. im liking the idea of the atom im guessing the power to weight is much higher than the others if its the 300hp one. will need to wait for it to warm up a bit though! vouchers valid till september next year anyway :smile:

It's a shame they don't offer u a better Lamborghini to drive than the baby one I recently drove the Lamborghini lp670-sv and that was insane but out of the choice's there I would go for the Gtr or the atom.