Power flex mounts review.

dolby20

Clio Newbie!
Platinum Member
Hi guys

This afternoon marked the completion of my move to a full power flex engine bay.

All 4 mounts fitted

In review, in terms of vibrations/harshness, I was surprised at how little they do actually vibrate. Having all 4, I expected a filling or two to fall out, not the case

In terms of fitting and ease of fitting, it's definitely easier to do the lower engine mount and upper torque arm bush
The bigger engine mount is tricky and the gearbox mount is stubborn

Any questions about fitment, feel free to ask, especially as it's fresh in my mind!

TL;DR - Powerflex mounts are an average to tricky fitment providing minimum to average vibration for increased responsiveness.

I admire your bravery fitting all four mounts at once, I've heard about the upper engine mount insert being the worst of the four for vibrations.

I've got all but the upper insert fitted and it does vibrate a lot on idle and start of acceleration, but mines got the cup chassis so I don't know if that makes it worse.

The cars definitely better off with them fitted anyway, feels so much firmer!

Reactions: dolby20
Good write up Sam, thanks for taking the time to report back.

I barely notice the vibrations from mine now, although they have been on for a good year or so. Definitely worth the upgrade, costs very little and if you can DIY the fitment, then even more so! Also so good as a preventative measure against manifold wear.

Reactions: dolby20
I admire your bravery fitting all four mounts at once, I've heard about the upper engine mount insert being the worst of the four for vibrations.

I've got all but the upper insert fitted and it does vibrate a lot on idle and start of acceleration, but mines got the cup chassis so I don't know if that makes it worse.

The cars definitely better off with them fitted anyway, feels so much firmer!

In for a penny, in for a pound! Just been needing the time off work!

Mine really isn't as noticeable as I'd thought in terms of vibration! More than happy with the result! Same as you with the cup chassis!

Yep totally agree!

Good write up Sam, thanks for taking the time to report back.

I barely notice the vibrations from mine now, although they have been on for a good year or so. Definitely worth the upgrade, costs very little and if you can DIY the fitment, then even more so! Also so good as a preventative measure against manifold wear.

Cheers, not often I do mods that others follow suit on/are interested in!

I barely notice them now and they've been on two hours haha!
Indeed! Got all 4 mounts in a bundle and a good bit of graft this morning/afternoon and they're on and done!

Reactions: Jimmy