Power Figures after cam package

It revs up to 7500rpm, and most ppl move the limiter to 7700/7800rpm when remapping the car.

It's unreal to expect a lot of torque/power down low in that engine. After my mods I find the car more responsive now in the 3.5-5.5krpm revrange than before and I think that there it made most of the difference that I can feel when giving 100% throttle.

the f4r has better torque than the higher revving Honda k engine

Hm, not quite Raptor. The limiter on these engines from the factory is around 7150rpm on top of my head (stand to be corrected on the exact figure though). Now I'm aware that some people raise the limiters but this is utterly pointless because a stock engine - even one with fast road cams - does not produce any more power after 7200 (the power graph drops). It's more of a ''my car revs up to 7800rpm'' kind of thing rather than ''I have to exploit all the revs at the end side of the spectrum to utilise all the power''.

It's been said, to make this engine a screamer requires lots of hardware changes but still, it'd be undriveable for every day due to huge losses low down the rev range.

don't confuse rev limit with where maximum power is developed...

197 - rev limit was 7500rpm-ish max power was 7250rpm-ish

as for raised rev limit just depends on how much the power/torque falls away - a few 100 rpm over the limit can make a difference

I did mention im not chasing figures, I was just a bit sceptical about the work done and wanted to know if I need it correcting after mapping with the blocked kit, which it seems I would be best to do.

In terms of power the car is completely different but as also said I was driving round with 161bhp before the engine was changed and cams put in.

I find it strange that the same engine can vary so much, this car has a refurbed engine, all 4 pistons has compression at almost the highest they can read, brand new cams, fresh oil etc and still is less than 200, i would be interested to see if the lose the power or if they all came out the factory with varying numbers. Interestingly I did see on facebook a clio 4 RS running 189bhp which is not a good start.

we are talking here of uncalibrated rolling roads and uncontrolled atmospheric conditions...unlike the factory engine that is in a dyno-cell with controlled
conditions

as for raised rev limit just depends on how much the power/torque falls away - a few 100 rpm over the limit can make a difference
That's what I'm saying.

I'm not confusing those two Foxy, the reference to the rev limiter was because Raptor mentioned that it is set at 7500rpm, clearly that's not the case on my car and some other 197s I've driven. Different cars out there maybe?

The point I was trying to make is that it is pointless raising the limiters on our engines mainly because the peak power comes at 7,200 (more or less) unless of course there is a serious change in hardware on the cards. Therefore our engine can not be considered to be a 'rev hungry' one or a screamer like the kinds of the ones out there revving - and delivering power - at the region of 8.5k+ rpm.

I'm not confusing those two Foxy, the reference to the rev limiter was because Raptor mentioned that it is set at 7500rpm, clearly that's not the case on my car and some other 197s I've driven. Different cars out there maybe?

The point I was trying to make is that it is pointless raising the limiters on our engines mainly because the peak power comes at 7,200 (more or less) unless of course there is a serious change in hardware on the cards. Therefore our engine can not be considered to be a 'rev hungry' one or a screamer like the kinds of the ones out there revving - and delivering power - at the region of 8.5k+ rpm.

with the 197 the power doesn't drop away massively and they do benefit from a raised rev limit....mine was raised to 7850rpm from 7500 and it still head-butted
the limiter as if it wanted to rev further