Powder coating upper inlet - but what colour?

I have a second inlet manifold which was port matched by APD a month or so ago. I am planning on getting it powder coated, and have removed the "Renault Sport" badge in preparation.

I am open to suggestions on colour, I am currently torn between anthracite, bright red, or a bright / candy blue?

While I obviously want it to look good under the bonnet (with blue silicon hoses), I don't want to limit it's appeal when I put the car back to standard and come to sell it (the inlet).

Also I am not planning on getting the lower inlet coated as you can barely see it, does this sound sensible, or cheap?

Unfortunately when I received it back the vac nipple by the TB was badly bent and cracked, and snapped off when I tried to straighten it. I have hopefully found somewhere that can sort it though, watch this space.

I would go for anthracite, its not as in your face.

I had red hoses etc on the 182 and liked if for all of 10 minutes lol

What is this? Woody discouraging the spending of money?

I liked Jase's with the polished finish, but just fancy something a bit different.

I am very much leaning toward red, but I think this is just because I have fond memories of the rocker covers in Sierra Cossie's!

What is this? Woody discouraging the spending of money?

I liked Jase's with the polished finish, but just fancy something a bit different.

I am very much leaning toward red, but I think this is just because I have fond memories of the rocker covers in Sierra Cossie's!

lmao i agree to spending money on performance or handling gains. .. . not really a fan of the "non standard" look hence y I still have raiders for track wheels n not OZ also stuck with the Anthracite on my R26 wheels.

I'd like to see it done mate but its not something i would do myself.

I was told to try hoses silicone water hoses . . . .. . . when i said i wanted black they said y bother lmao.

I agree with subtle hints of colour for example I have a red tow eye.

each to there own mate but how much is it to powder coat?

the 172/ 182 engine looked better polished as the inlets were a bit more pronounced on the head.

I am not expecting the coating to cost more than around £40, and will be dropping off and collecting at the same time as some wheels, so TBH I am only doing it because it won't be a great inconvenience.

As for the hoses, I wanted silicone intake hoses as they should be more resistant to heat transfer, they are blue for two reasons, firstly as the car is blue, and secondly because I bought them at a sensible price from Jase - I certainly wouldn't have been spending hundreds on hoses as like you said, they don't do a lot. For the same reason I am not a fan of these stainless tank covers, etc. that you can get for some cars, as they serve no purpose other than bling, and actually add weight - I have added enough functional weight with the phone kit, full size spare, etc, so aside from my arse, there is no need for non-functional weight!

Look at this mani though, isn't it desperate for a more attractive finish;

2010-11-09001.jpg

i dunno i like it. looks good as it is. my engine looks standard from the top too.

Sorry, did someone say something?

I concede that anthracite would look good, and might even be cheaper given that I will be having probably 7 wheels done in anthracite at the same time.

Bic's is done in matt black, and that looks ok, but anthracite would be a bit more interesting, and shouldn't clash with the blue hoses.

"grubby grey" have you got a paint code for that lmao

Just a hassle if i wanted to sell the car

also what if they get paint on the seals?

Standard inlet will be going back on when I sell, so that isn't a problem.

All mating faces will be masked up, and the guy seems to know what he is doing, so I am not too worried.

I think the only colours that will actually look good are the boring ones (Blacks, greys, silvers) but maybe white would look good too. Any lairy colour will just look chav and you'll get bored of it

Sprayed the misses 182 manifold silver and it looks very good, like it's STD but just rolled off the factory line.

Also know someone with a blue painted 182 manifold, can get pics if you want? It looks rubbish.