POTM February 2019

Cliosport-carl

Winner - POTM May 2017
Gold Member
With the voting thread for January just opened thought we might as well dive into the new POTM so we can all get cracking as its a short month wouldn't want to make the opportunity any shorter.. as mentioned in the POTM Yearly plan this month is a themed month which is **Night Time** this will test our creativity as pictures in the dark are kinda well.. dark.

Rules apply as normal

1. This is a Clio forum - and a [preferably your] Clio needs to be somewhere in the shot.
2. You may enter more than one photo to show your skills! However only the first one submitted counts.
3. Older photos are allowed, with it being a themed month.

Please submit your chosen photo into the thread below. Entries are allowed and will be accepted up until 28th February 2019, with voting following shortly after.

Good luck to everyone and thank you for supporting POTM!

Thanks man, so the plate is from Full House Customs (Just give them a google) also what do you mean by treatment?

Thanks man, so the plate is from Full House Customs (Just give them a google) also what do you mean by treatment?

Dunno
Maybe just the way the photos been taken
It looks kinda translucent
As if the black letters/numbers are floating on clear Perspex

Reactions: Priyank.A
Well, I need to get back into this soooo... Here's my entry!

View attachment 131745
Can’t stop looking at your car in that photo
Not normally a fan of wings skirts etc
But gotta tell you
It’s a cracker
You’ve done it really tastefully
And in my view it’s always about getting the detail just right as it’s so easy to overcook!
The colour is brilliant for a start
And the decals too
Then the 200 wheels
Which on a 197...And again only in my humble opinion...is always a wee bit risky
But man they work great here
Am I perhaps catching a glimpse of red calipers
Lowered?
Spacers?
Also think I’m noticing some kind of blinkers on the fogs
Is that right
If so
What are they
Would love to see more photos...especially from the back
Looking forward to studying it more on computer tomorrow as only seeing it on phone right now

Reactions: Priyank.A
Can’t stop looking at your car in that photo
Not normally a fan of wings skirts etc
But gotta tell you
It’s a cracker
You’ve done it really tastefully
And in my view it’s always about getting the detail just right as it’s so easy to overcook!
The colour is brilliant for a start
And the decals too
Then the 200 wheels
Which on a 197...And again only in my humble opinion...is always a wee bit risky
But man they work great here
Am I perhaps catching a glimpse of red calipers
Lowered?
Spacers?
Also think I’m noticing some kind of blinkers on the fogs
Is that right
If so
What are they
Would love to see more photos...especially from the back
Looking forward to studying it more on computer tomorrow as only seeing it on phone right now

Haha looks like you've fully analysed my car! So yeah it has the full Rs skirts, splitter and wing. LY is my favourite colour. Decals are nice but plan to change them in the future, 200 wheels suit it better than I expected them to as well although I have my eyes on some new wheels. Red caliper are standard on the R27 as far as I'm aware. Bought it lowered and bought it with the spacers too. Not sure about blinkers on the fogs though. If you're on instagram just search @P21YNK I post photos of it way too much on there.

Random one from fuel stop before trip to Kerry last Sunday (Molls Gap, Healy Pass etc.), did ~540 miles and met alien green 200 along the way.

View attachment 131808
That's a great route! Did it in the '90s in an MG Metro. Was supposed to be a motorcycle tour but my pal's bike broke down on the way to Holyhead so we went back for the car & took a later ferry.

Reactions: Ppa
0C32A55C-0375-4AF2-AC63-92BDB464B08E.jpeg 1C5BB5D2-70FA-4724-BB07-9A1C5A3221D8.jpeg 69DDA09E-BE61-494A-A54B-7DEFAE7EDA65.jpeg 8D56895A-0CFA-4520-AAC8-FF89DC3E5F57.jpeg
Sweet looking LY and a nice shot as well, these are not 200 wheels though :tongueout: they were optional on the 197 from the very beginning,
You are spot on by the looks of things
Though can’t confirm pre 2007 2nd edition price list (as I don’t have it!)
Looks like from 2007 perhaps only in white (unless I’ve overlooked) whereas from 3rd edition price list/2008 black was also an option

Similar Thread Suggestions