Potential new 197 owner here!

Looks like a tidy example with a nice low mileage, showing signs of the normal recaro wear but if ya speak to steve@edge he can sort them or R-Sport cars on here are doing some good deals on refurbishment.

Cup Chassis & Recaros = Great fun.... aching back lol

Those pictures are awesome for a dealer! Like Andy said the car looks good, I'd get a quote for refurbishment of the Recaro seats as they're gonna wear through, then try to get that knocked off the price.

Take it for a test drive and really press on, pay a LOT of attention to the gearbox, the cars out of warranty and the 'box's are made of chocolate, make sure there's no crunching or struggling getting in to gear (especially 3rd). If there is either walk away/ negotiate they fix it (doubtful)/ or expect a bill.

Thanks for the replies guys, you're awesome!

Regarding the Recaro refurb.....I doubt I'll get anywhere as my car needs some bits and pieces attended to as well so the dealer said he'd take care of them ( cracked rear disc and clutch issues :/ )

I havent had it out a drive yet but I had read about the gearbox issues, so I'll be sure to pay attention to that.

Thanks again, really appreciate it!

Shame it's missing all the decals, I didn't think you could get them without any. I was under the impression it was only the door decals you could 'un' spec?

Still a nice car though!

:welcome: to the site.

It looks like a good example but not sure if pics are shopped, it's not that dark a colour in real life.

Good choice mind.

:welcome: to the site.

It looks like a good example but not sure if pics are shopped, it's not that dark a colour in real life.

Good choice mind.

I took a trip to see it in the flesh today, and the colour is a lot lighter than the pics, but I prefer it that way to be honest.

I've heard rumours that Nimbus is the fastest colour anyway... :smiley:

welcome mate, did u purchase this car ? this place is very close to my work. its a nice car and nice colour. as the other posts say bud take it a test drive and make sure the gearbox is a1. i bought my 197 in january and had the exhaust manifold and gearbox both replaced under warranty. :jump1:

welcome mate, did u purchase this car ? this place is very close to my work. its a nice car and nice colour. as the other posts say bud take it a test drive and make sure the gearbox is a1. i bought my 197 in january and had the exhaust manifold and gearbox both replaced under warranty. :jump1:

I've not had it out properly as there was a problem with the seat adjuster sticking, but i'll be taking it out on Tuesday. It's also getting full discs and pads, and a front spring replaced too. Got a pretty decent deal I reckon.

Everything has pretty much been sorted regarding buying the car, but test drive will be done before anything is finalised!

Whereabouts do you work? Not that I'll know it, but felt it polite to ask :smiley: