Poll how many had Steering wheel changed

Changed under or not under warranty

• Under warranty

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Not under warranty

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
Mines 5 year old next month and just started to peel on one side. So I've got a feeling mine will have been changed at some point.

Mines the same.if you contact RUK they may start doing some thing about it the more people that phone the more chance we have at getting some were

Mine's a 2006, and started to fail 08/2011 & contacted RUK about this issue.
Anyone posting up here with failing steering wheels covers, even if out of warranty period should still contact RUK and report it as it could then become a recall item, this is what their representative told me today.

It's pealing in 4 places, I'll probably get it reupholstered cause it's cheaper than a new one (plus the quality is better). The car's a 2006, so no warranty...

I had a BMW E39 before, it had almost 300k on the clock at the end of my ownership, and the steering wheel was basically like new. Clio's got 80k, and it's falling apart... Damn French cars :smile:

Mine's a 57 plate and have just started to peel at 3 o'clock on the steering wheel. Other than that is in mint condition. Could well of been replaced from previous owner

Just had mine replaced with a new one fitted by a Renault dealer for £ 325. The car is an 08 ( out of warranty ) mileage is 31k.

Mine's peeling in the three o'clock position also, May '07 registered on 39,000M.

Not bothering me too much to be honest, I'll wait until it starts to p!ss me off and then send it to Edge. :smile:

Mine is on 35k and a 56 plate. It's badly peeling between 2 an 3 o'clock positions.
I'm getting a whole interior retrim next year so it can wait till then.

I Emailed four Renault dealers in my area for a quote, two came in at over £400 & the other never replied.

Contact Twingogeekeo as i got mine the other week and it is exactly the same as OE but sold as sport wheel option for normal clio 3's. Even has the red center marker and comes with the silver Renaulsport trim bit which is usually extra as well and all in £150

Mines the same.if you contact RUK they may start doing some thing about it the more people that phone the more chance we have at getting some were

Have you got any contact details so i can contact them as mines gone at the 3 o'clock possition.. one handed driving lol

Mine is peeling in two places, wouldn't get it changed under warranty and a new wheel is a complete fortune :worried:. Clearly this is a very common problem!!