Polishing inlet manifold

So I was thinking on polishing the outside of the 4 branches on the inlet manifold to give it a bit of a shine. but I thought while I'm at it I should buff down the casting marks on the inside to aid airflow, or should I leave this to the experts? as I'm thinking on sending it to spead at the recommendation of angel for a port and polish job

Cheers in advance

I polished the 4 branches on mine what a nightmare looks great but you have to keep on top of it no and then as it gets corroded of water droplets coming into the engine bay,

There are some pictures in my thread of you click the link in my signature

As for port and polishing or matched inlets, I was speaking to Paul at rstuning when I had my car mapped and he said it really isn't worth the hassle you will see no benefit, just a hole in your pocket

Last edited:
Easily done yourself on the interior of the inlets, just takes a dremel, various sanding buffs and ALOT of patience. Wouldn't bother doing the outside, the inlets are sand blasted for a reason to increase surface area to aid cooling. If you polish this is will decrease overall surface area and increase inlet temps

I polished the 4 branches on mine what a nightmare looks great but you have to keep on top of it no and then as it gets corroded of water droplets coming into the engine bay,

There are some pictures in my thread of you click the link in my signature

As for port and polishing or matched inlets, I was speaking to Paul at rstuning when I had my car mapped and he said it really isn't worth the hassle you will see no benefit, just a hole in your pocket

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1412727986.443326.jpg

Ahhh like this? This is exactly what I was meaning! Does look nice! What grit did you start off with and end up at?

Easily done yourself on the interior of the inlets, just takes a dremel, various sanding buffs and ALOT of patience. Wouldn't bother doing the outside, the inlets are sand blasted for a reason to increase surface area to aid cooling. If you polish this is will decrease overall surface area and increase inlet temps

Ahh okay I do see where you are coming from but would just doing the 4 branches (see above) have much of an effect?

Have fun doing it , it took glenn about 5 hours and his forearm was like pop eye after and i dont think he cpuld stand up straight after the stella either hahaha , i did the whole of mine and then thought nah **** it so its getting painted soon probably the best option unless you can afford to have the car of the road and do a real job of polishing,

View attachment 10614

Ahhh like this? This is exactly what I was meaning! Does look nice! What grit did you start off with and end up at?

Like James said it took a lot of work started really rough, like 8 grit, I ended up using black and decker mouses and dremels as you have no chance by hand the rough surface is so deep if you get me it takes a lot to get flat before you can even start to thinking about going through the grits