Police query part 2 jump in please!!

Alright so since my last thread seeking advice on a speeding ticket, I was given some advice by a former PCO of 22 years.. His words are

"This is what will happen.

The officer in question submits his copy of the ticket to his supervision and this goes to the fixed penalty unit at HQ.

If his supervision realised that not all parts of the ticket have been issued the he will void the process and you will have no further action.

Worryingly, the officer may tell lies to his sergeant and falsify the the document and if he has, then he has broken the law.

If you have not got the full information for you to comply, my advice is not to comply and await a summons that may or may not arrive for you."

Thoughts?

I got the ticket in Houghton Le Spring (Tyne and Wear) ?

He issued me Part 2, but there's no part 3 (payment instructions) or part 4 (appeals procedure).

I was already thinking of contesting as IMO he couldn't prove how fast I was going, but then some of the guys pointed out that I wouldn't have much chance with there being 2 officers in the vehicle.. But then I realised I've only got half a ticket!!

Mate I'm an officer in Sussex and we have the new tickets now. The old tickets you need to have been given the 3 parts but you have been issued a ticket so i would not risk just leaving it.

If you fail to pay it you will get a summons to court the price/points will go up. Pop into your local station and explain, ask for the contact number for the ticket office, they may void the ticket, they may not. If you want to contest the ticket do it in court, just leaving it will not been seen as an excuse by the court as you have part of the ticket (anyone can say they were not given the two other parts/lost it) It's **** I know, if I get a ticket I get points on my driving licence, points on my police driving permit and have to explain to my Chief Inspector why I was speeding(off duty).

Hope this helps..!!

Similar Thread Suggestions