My number plates and the police

Got pulled by the police today in my Clio, he told me that my plates are illegal! i checked with gov.uk and it stated 3D lettering were perfectly fine. It was the transformer logo (I'm big kid I know lol) that was illegal! He said letters and spacing were ok. He let me off with a warning and told me to get them changed. Was he correct about my plates? I've seen loads of plates with different logos on the side (playboy bunnies, manufacture symbols etc)
031E95BB-E381-4827-95FB-E67DC9A73DD0_zpsrrxsvdgo.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

What a total jobs worth picking you up on that little logo! I've been pulled for illegal spacing, but for a little logo..how pathetic!

What a total jobs worth picking you up on that little logo! I've been pulled for illegal spacing, but for a little logo..how pathetic!

in the grand scheme of policing work this is a top priority....:001_rolleyes:

Yes and no, he could have fined him for it. But he's actually just given him a tap on the wrists and sent him away, if another pulls him over now and fines him then only one person to blame, as he's been fairly warned!

It does seem mighty picky to have a word over that, although rule are rules as they say... The amount of dodgy plates I see daily is ridiculous and people are so blatant with it! Makes me wonder if they even get pulled for them...:001_rolleyes:

Then I don't really see the polices point. A logo? Plenty have them. I had one on my last car. Perhaps it was time of month; -)

I live in Essex so it's a bit boy racer country, so there's police round every corner (good thing really) just can't get away with anything though :lol:

should be out catching proper criminals and not marginalizing trivial minor points of law for goodness sake

He let you off with a warning and could have given a fine. It also needs to have the BSAU number printed on it which it doesn't.

Interestingly , if you wanted you could get rid of the logo and border and run a smaller plate (within the allowed dimensions) and still be legal , providing the BSAU and manufacturer was present.