PMS Exhaust Manifold and Exhaust

N0ddie

Platinum Member
I've had a wee gander around the forum but cannot find any info.

The 200 currently has a K-Tech cat back exhaust fitted. Sounds good but I fancy going full engine back system. I've opted for the PMS route. I have the manifold being delivered on Monday but the rest of their full system is out of stock at the mo (3 weeks wait before they'll become available apparently).

So far the tinternet in void of any vids/clips/reviews of their system. I will be opting for their 200 cell sports cat, resonator equipped system when it becomes available again. Anyone currently have this fitted to their Clios?

I have a brand nee full system I would sell if your interested can’t show clips as it’s never been fitted

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have the manifold on the way already (Bought it from PMS this morning) so would just need the exhausty part unfortunately.

I have the resonated and non resonated I could do a deal on if it helps

I only have the non resonated and the resonated with no cat along with the back box and 200 tips

Assuming PMS is Pure Motor Sport. Yes I have full Systems with Manifold excellent piece of kit. The mechanic who looks after my car is ex-BTCC and was really impressed with the fabrication and said it was pretty straight forward to fit. Sounds great and you'll notice the performance difference in the mid-range.

I'm definitely looking forward to getting it on. I did consider attempting it on the driveway but the thought of fighting with the manifold bolts doesn't sound like fun.

Assuming PMS is Pure Motor Sport. Yes I have full Systems with Manifold excellent piece of kit. The mechanic who looks after my car is ex-BTCC and was really impressed with the fabrication and said it was pretty straight forward to fit. Sounds great and you'll notice the performance difference in the mid-range.
Did you change any of the engine/gearbox mounts when fitting the PMS manifold. I’m pretty sure I’ve read that not fitting powerflex (or other branded) mounts when using the Toyosport manifold causes rattling.

Did you change any of the engine/gearbox mounts when fitting the PMS manifold. I’m pretty sure I’ve read that not fitting powerflex (or other branded) mounts when using the Toyosport manifold causes rattling.
Only the cheap manifolds do this, the PMS won't. Or atleast I hope it wouldn't! But it doesn't have any flexis like the others so I wouldn't want stock mounts as I think that would risk cracking

Sent from my AC2003 using Tapatalk

So I'd be best having the:

• Lower torque mount
  • Gearbox mount insert
  • Upper engine mount torque arm bush

Bru my buddy has a pms manifold with a akra and he has all vibra mounts. The springs that keep the manifold together will wear sooner because of the movement with stock mounts. He is also changing the springs once or twice a year as maintenance. It’s a weekend/track car.

So I'd be best having the:

• Lower torque mount
  • Gearbox mount insert
  • Upper engine mount torque arm bush

You don't need gearbox mount, just lower dogbone and upper torque arm.
You can do all of them, if you can put up with loads of extra vibrations!

Reactions: N0ddie
As Sean said, the two I mentioned add some vibration, but most can live with them, the other 2 are the ones that cause the most vibrations (I'm too old before my time, so I went back to OEM lol)

Reactions: Sean197
No it’s remains stock items. I’ve just had the car serviced and I’d had a good look under the car with the mechanic it’s all looking okay (springs not showing unessaru wear) but I suppose poly bushes will help. I do about 2k miles a year. If you do have it poly bushed I’d be interested what you had done and also any extra vibration?

I have replaced the four mounts in the engine bay with PowerFlex purple bushes. That is the upper torque arm, upper engine support, gearbox and lower engine. It did vibrate quite a bit for the first few hundred miles but then either they loosened up or I just got used to it. It may be a placebo effect but I always thought that the gear changes became smoother when both the gearbox mount and gear box oil had been changed.

Reactions: EthanMenace
No it’s remains stock items. I’ve just had the car serviced and I’d had a good look under the car with the mechanic it’s all looking okay (springs not showing unessaru wear) but I suppose poly bushes will help. I do about 2k miles a year. If you do have it poly bushed I’d be interested what you had done and also any extra vibration?
I'll let you know how it goes. Manifold arrived on Monday morning and ordered the upper engine mount torque arm bush and lower torque mount. Whenever the rest of the exhaust system comes available to order I will be ordering it and getting it fitted Hopefully before my first TD on 8th May).

Reactions: lewishunter98