Please.... someone talk me out of it!

You would regret this choice, it may be quicker but it's boring! I'd go with a 250, getting cheap now for an early one and it's practically a clio on steroids.

If you get an Audi I will never ever ever speak to you again. I will delete you from Facebook, I will erase any conversations from memory and i will start vicious rumors about your sexuality.

(not sure on how the above will sway you lol)
and your memory will start to deteriorate: you'll forget you have indicators and will start driving like a *"#*!

seriously, the Clio is such good fun to drive. why don't you keep it for another year, throw it round some roads and if you're still yearning for an Audi get one then. I bet the value will have dropped on that quicker than the Clio too so you'll be better off. [emoji6]

and your memory will start to deteriorate: you'll forget you have indicators and will start driving like a *"#*!

seriously, the Clio is such good fun to drive. why don't you keep it for another year, throw it round some roads and if you're still yearning for an Audi get one then. I bet the value will have dropped on that quicker than the Clio too so you'll be better off. [emoji6]

LOL....deteriorating memory LOL.........

Don't go for an Audi, I've found VAG cars to be very boring in the past, even with the power, too linear and clinical, typical German I suppose.

Not forgetting the fact everyone will think your a c0ck driving one of them! :smiley:

No mate, no from me as well.

I've got a thing against the VAG cars I suppose but they are so boring. S3 is heavy, it understeers like there is no tomorrow and it doesn't een feel that quick for the output.

You need more power and refinement? Get a Megane. Paying 14k for a 7 years old S3 is craziness...

Thanks for all the advice guys, I'm in a decent situation. Turns out the clio isn't financed and I actually have it on a personal loan basis. This means I own the car and can swap and change it for something of similar value!

I have found this...

http://www.pistonheads.com/classifi...ltsport-f1-team-r26/2338265?isexperiment=true

Anyone owned this shape megane? I am in the process of buying a bike also, so this would literally be a toy as the bike will be a main commuter (cheaper to run etc) but will do some motorway miles in the car when the weather is poop.

I am tempted to wait for the map I am booked in for on the 24th and see if that changes my mind about the clio, but also want more power ... like soon ha!

Any other ideas welcome. My car is a 2009 GW cup with recaros, a/c and speedlines, got 31k on the clock, in great nick, rough price? I was thinking about 6500-7000 trade in value would that be about right? Private sale is also an option as I would get considerably more.

All opinions welcome!

Ian

I'd have a S3 over my old 200 or the current T tbh.

I got £9000 for my 2010 200 through a main dealer no more than 2 months ago.

Last edited:
Ive got that shape megane Ian, youre welcome to have a nosy at mine pal, im not that far away from you

I would be a bit gutted if I didn't get 7k to be honest, if thats the case I'll sell private!

Thanks for all the help guys its really appreciated. Im properly confused as I love the clio but need more power... and boost ultimately.

Sadly the megane in the link has gone as I rang up to go and view it, also looked at a mk5 gti with DSG but had also gone!

The search continues, or, considering I own the car, megging it is now an option, if I can find the pennies!

its dat money doe! that's what is putting me off. Plus I could just swap mine pretty much straight swap for a meg, part out and use the the money I get for mods on the megane ha.

Bah! I wouldn't do it man, your 200 looks the shizzle. As people say, you could Meg it, but it is pricey. If I was a little bit more mature, I'd have a Megane 250 without hesitation, I just know I'd miss having a little go-kart. I heard a new Megane the other day, pulling away at the lights that definitely wasn't standard! Honestly, those noises would be very addictive. Rasp, pop, crackle, woosh and psssht. I'm very tempted to keep my 197 now and Meg it!

I had an Audi tt QS 240 and chucked £5k at her, had the lot, huge brakes, full 3" system, bilstein coilovers the lot. Was quick but was so boring, I just got it to be a show off. Had it less than a year and got the clio 200.... I enjoy the clio more but miss the showing off a lot.