Pictures of No rear seats and harness mountings?

Alright? Has anyone stripped the rear seats out and covered the metal floor with carpet?
I'm planning on fitting harnesses, and as my roll of alcantara has arrived and I have more than Enough to do my boot floor/rear floor I was going to make a carpet to fit. but before I start, I was wondering what the best place to mount the harnesses are? because I'll have to take this into account before making a carpet.

if anyone has any pics/advice I would be grateful, I was planning on just using the raised bar between the rear seats and the boot?

Cheers.

Wow!your going the full hogg at modding it then ha!Think there is a lad up your way who has done this to his i just can not remeber his name.

Haha, Mark, I think I was just in denial, I love the car that much, I'll just keep it for good, make it perfect, and then when the mrs fiat 500 hits 3 year old I'll buy ''her'' a Z4 :smiley: .. problem solved :tongueout: ..

but yea, I'm going to do a bit at a time and get it just how I want it, so the next task is headlining, rear floor and pillars done in alcantara, then I'll get some harnesses and buckets, and then choose if Im going to stay NA or get boost :smiley:

I wouldn't mount them to the floor as its all about the angle (or so I have been told) Cage is the way forward with a harness bar or I think litchy has had a harness bar made which looks epic! That would be my weapon of choice if you don't want to go too over the top and start caging and stripping it (yet :tongueout:)

haha, no I don't want a cage in there, well, maybe a half cage at the point of no return (meg lump goes in :tongueout:) so are these ones that fit into the rear seatbelt buckles no good??

I second that, you should not fit to the floor, completely wrong angle and especially with seats that are not in fixed position, you could have serious injury's in an accident

Harnesses should run at an angle of about 10-25 deg, otherwise in an accident the forces are transmitted down your spine compressing your vertebrae possibly paralysing you. Harness bar or cage, or you are wasting your time.

I second that, you should not fit to the floor, completely wrong angle and especially with seats that are not in fixed position, you could have serious injury's in an accident

I was going to get fixed buckets, and those harnesses that fasten into my current seatbelt buckle and bolt to there bracket, take it these are a bad idea?

If you're not doing the cage/buckets/harness bar thing or at least the bucket/harness bar part then I'd just get a CG Lock instead for about £50.

image.jpg

Its not not all bad mounting to the floor. It is 'better' to be within 20 degrees. But can be up to 45. So depending on what angle it is to your existing floor holes, it could be alright. That image is from the fia website.

tried the cg lock at the weekend at blyton and it was really good. definitely makes an improvement to the car on track