Pick me some products...

Ok,

So I want the help of those who love detailing to help me pick some new products for my Glacier White 200.

Currently my washing routing is usually once a week using the two bucket method;

• Snow foamed with Megs Hyper Wash
  • Autoglym Wheel Cleaner applied
  • Scrub wheels then rinse them and entire car
  • Wash car with Megs gold class Shampoo
  • Rinse and dry, then apply generic tyre slick

The paintwork is generally in really great condition, I sometimes clay the boot lid, back bumper and bonnet due to the build up of "crap" at this time of year.

Basically, I want a really great polish for a white car, and something to seal the car all over. Then again something great to clean the wheels and something to seal them.

Appreciate any input on the above, or other suggestions also.

Thanks

I use iron-x to get rid of the contaminents - amazing how much crap there is on the car that can't be seen.
To remove tar i use Tardis which dissolves the tar.
When it gets warmer i'll be doing my usual routine -
snow foam
virosol on wheels + tyres
wash + leather
Clay
DA using Merentza 301s
Jetseal 101 on body + wheels for protection
Megs tyre gel

i don't think a seperate polish between correction and protection will make noticeable difference on a white car as there isn't any pearl or metal that will "pop"?

If by hand I'd use auto finesse tripple to polish it, and then to seal it I'd use auto finesse tough coat, which looks really good on white.

I'd also recommend claying the whole car, you would be surprised the amount of build up of contaminants on other panels.

Sealants look better on a light car like yours compared to waxes so the Werkstat Acryllic kit would be a very good choice though I've never used it. What I have used is Wolfs Chemicals Shine and Seal and Hard Body, both of which I can recommend as top notch products.

For your wheels have a look at G/techniq C5, its not cheap but half a bottle will do a full set of alloys and your brakes and should last a year or so.

Lots to pick from, thanks guys, I will have to do some homework and pick some of these out.

Oh and yes, hand polished. Maybe when the car is a little older I might invest in a DA polisher, never used one before but the car is in really top condition, just want to use some polishes and sealants to keep it that way.

Thanks

cjmeek and cossierick are bang on there,i've owned a glacier white 197 for 2 years and after advice from polished bliss to use this stuff i've never even bothered to look else where,it honestly can't get any shinier by hand,awesome stuff

£61 seems a hit at first but you only need to do it twice a year to keep it at its best so it lasts a life time too

i would advise buying a bottle of decon gel to use before hand in the cleaning process but thats only a tenner and for all you think your cars clean,check out the crap this this stuff removes,you can tell as it goes purple when it hits fallout then you just rinse it off,you won't believe your eyes

if your like me and like reassurance then just ring polished bliss,very helpful guys and even emailed me a mongs guide as i'd never used products as good as this before

polished bliss - 0845 4540017

Last edited:
This is her after a quick wash and dry on Sunday, as said, in pretty good condition for a 2.5 year old car I reckon, so I will maybe get my hands on this werkstat kit and get the paint protected :smile:

Thanks

IMAG0877-1_zps598a79d2.jpg

Last edited:
What clay do you guys use/recommend? I have only ever had the megs stuff, which I think people said was a good starting point for beginners.

What is better? Or what makes one clay better than another?

Thanks

Megs stuff is pretty good tbh, I got auto finesse just because I got quite a bit for my money, clay is clay to me at end of day.

That is what I thought too, clay is clay, but I bet someone could say different.

Maybe I should reword my question and ask which is the best value for money then?

Lol I usually stick to what works for me and I liked the auto finesse stuff, megs was good though, and the clay lug they supply with it was very good, I'm sure you can get clay that is more aggressive but it would mark paint which then you'll need to correct, I'm sure everyone will say they prefer a different clay, I just like auto finesse clay :smile:

Didn't like the clay lube 'glide' though just seemed a lot of work!

all depends as some waxes require you to strip the car, blah, blah, blah.